RE-MAP PETROL NONE TURBO

passion

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a 2ltr petrol engine on a A4 SE that is none turbo re-mapped as i feel this car is very slow on pick up i think it being 128bhp but feels lots slower did pop it to the Audi garage who tell me everything is ok with the car but honestly it wouldnt pull you out of bed it is that slow.

I had my TT remapped but this having a turbo and the change was incredible awesome just hope i can get a remap on my A4.
Hope someone can help.

NA engines are frequently remapped, that gains obviously aren;t as impressive as turbo charged engines but the maps normally make them nicer to drive, more responsive etc.

J.

If you get anymore than a 10% gain I would be impressed. Should've stayed with turbo power!

I think your right 10% being very low my car is up for sale for 1 month only if it sells it sells if it doesnt well i will keep on to her.
Thanks everyone.

Got to be a 2.0T or TDi140/170 if you want something with any sort of performance IMO.

I never even considered the 2.0 petrol NA or the TDI105 when I was buying mine.

I think my problem is i have owned a TT that i re-mapped i think if i remember rightly it pushed it up to about 280bhp the drive was awesome and petrol consumption wasn't bad either, maybe i am asking to much of a A4.
My car not with a turbo i guess i miss this also.
Thanks for the advice 1 more question if i may i know i could never afford it but the new S4 what bhp does that come as standard just something that has been on my mind for a few days.

You'll get 280BHP out of plenty of A4's, just not the the NA 2.0.

I think the old B7 S4 gives 344PS.

How can you get 280bhp out of a A4 as the 170bhp after being re-mapped would only take it to about 210bhp

If the old B7 S4 gives 344PS i now understand why i was left standing at traffic lights last Wednesday that must be an incredible drive but i wouldnt like the running costs.

passion said:
How can you get 280bhp out of a A4 as the 170bhp after being re-mapped would only take it to about 210bhp

Not from the diesel, something like a 1.8T or 2.0T can easily reach 280BHP with a big turbo upgrade, amongst other bits and bobs.