3.0 TDi Avant help

rickquattro

Reaction score
I am looking to trade up to one of these and searching around some are rated 201 bhp, some 230 bhp, but are no quicker 0-60. I am looking at 54 plate cars which for the same year seem to have both sets of figures...

I have done a search on here, there are only four threads that I found. Also interested to hear from any owners of their experiences and typical running costs....

Thanks

You'll probably have to get the power output confirmed based on the sticker under the boot floor. However if they're 54 plate cars then they will be very early B7s so I suspect they will all be 201bhp. Don't think they fitted the uprated engine until 2005/6.

IIRC, some people on here were quoting only high 20s for mpg which is pretty shocking.

EDIT: "233PS version of 3.0-litre V6 TDI seen first in A6, A8 and new A4 Cabriolet adopted for A4 Saloon and Avant models from February 2006." from the Honest John site.

Guess low 20s achievable in city commutes but on the open road and especially on the motorway then upper thirties is my usual. Suspect if I stuck to 70 mph then I'd be at around 40 mpg. Superb engine (mine is the 201bhp)

I have a 3.0 Tdi Quattro S-Line and love the car. Its the 204bhp model and the performance is more than plentiful and as for economy its ok. Approx £67 fills the tank from the fuel light and on average i get 400-450 miles. Best I have had is 535 with a bit more motorway driving. I have no doubt if i did a long run I could get closer to 600 from a tank.

Smudge

gtiller said:
I made a few points on another forum regards my 233 3.0 TDi A4

This may help you

LINKY

:icon_thumright:

Your experience is not unusual. It's well known that the 1.9 130 often kicks out more than 140PS in standard form so it's quite plausible for a standard 204 3.0 to kick out 220+. Not sure why but Audi/VW seem to be quite conservative with their engine outputs and quoted 0-60 times. The boot sticker will confirm the power output of your engine 204PS is about 150KW and 233 is about 172KW. I would have expected a March 2005 car to be the 204PS engine.

Currently running a 233PS 3.0Tdi.

Get around 40MPG, currently done 45k miles.

Depends on the driving you do obviously, but mine is a mix of motorway (60%), Dual Carriageways (20%) Town etc the rest. up to 52mpg on a long run at a constant 70mph and down to around 10 on the Nurburgring!

Ian

Have had it