Best phone for Audi factory kit

jonmusicman

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my Sony K800i dropping the BT connection so I think it's time to change it (only 2 months old). Can anyone recommend a good phone? I sold a Nokia 6320i (I think) and you could set lights on, auto answer and it linked direct in to the the Audi phone kit with the cradle and didn't need BT.

I like the look of the slightly older Nokia N73. Has anyone used this phone with an Audi cradle? Can you get a cradle for it?

Many thanks for you help/advice

N73 does not have a cradle, I think only E50 can have a cradle with the symbian range. But some good news on the horizon, Audi are dropping phone cradles and launching an SAP module to clip onto the phone cradle plate. This will work with nearly all the latest Nokia phones like the N73, N95 etc.

No price yet, but should be available soon.

i dont know anything about the audi kits but have had alot of nokia kit and pones.
if a cable could be adapted from the audi to nokia lead then you can get a cradle for a N73, i have one in my van,there not pretty but affective.
heres an item number for one on ebay.
(140198415265)
they are made by BRODIT.
may be of some help.
lea

Just got a new Samsung Tocco Ultra Edition on O2, works perfect with factory bluetooth/sat nav setup and transferred all contacts effortlessly. Top phone also :sm4:

Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) or something similar allows the RNS to access the contacts on the sim card and bring up last number dialled, etc. This Tocco Ultra Edition linked and worked first time, well pleased as the Nokia 5800 before would not do this.

I find Sony Ericsson handsets works best - there was also a software update to the SNE recently which helps with problems like this. It was a free update when mine was in for service & helped connection issues I had.

Forgot to say - if you use the Sony phone software update via your pc it helps to resolve connectivity issues too...........