Chris NottSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Sony Phone Cradles. A word of warning

To all you drivers wanting an Audi phone cradle for your Sony K800, forget it!!!
    Today I have spoken to three dealers and Audi customer service (who were less than useless) and it seems there is more chance of winning the lottery twice in a week than getting one of these! No one can give any idea when they will be arriving.

I think this is pathetic bearing in mind the phone is now over 18 months old. Ideas anyone? Anyone selling one? Please don't suggest getting another phone as I'm stuck with this one for another year and a half and I hate the Bluetooth.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Get used to bluetooth! I was led to believe that all cradle development by Audi has now ceased. No more cradles will become available at any time in the future.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

6th Gear

Status
    The only cradle that has been confirmed is the SAP Bluetooth cradle.

So it's Bluetooth or nothing ...

jonmusicman - what do you hate so much about Bluetooth? I've only ever used Bluetooth in my S4's and RS4 - it does everything I need, AND I don't need to bother to get my phone out of my briefcase to use it!
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

1st Gear

Status
    For some reason I cannot get my K800 to "auto answer" in bluetooth. I've set the car profile and set auto but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmusicman
    For some reason I cannot get my K800 to "auto answer" in bluetooth. I've set the car profile and set auto but it doesn't work. Any ideas?
    I never use auto answer - don't want the conversation I'm having with a passenger suddenly being ear-wigged by an unknown caller!
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave
    I never use auto answer - don't want the conversation I'm having with a passenger suddenly being ear-wigged by an unknown caller!
    Agreed!
    A6 3.0 TDI.

1st Gear

Status
    We are the only Centre in the Country with stock of K800 Phone Cradles. I know I've definately got 3+ left which you can have if you drop me a PM.

I always order a sizable quantity of cradles as soon as they become available. As I always know there will be problems like this when people actually want them.

In case you didn't know though; the K800i still works via Bluetooth. The benefit of the cradle is you get use of car ariel and charging of the phone.
    2008 VW Golf R32 3dr

DBP :: RNS510 :: Winter Pack :: Retrofit Cruise :: OEM LED Tail Lights :: R-line badges ::