what do do ? ? ?

passion

Reaction score
Hello everyone a Big Hello from me to you as i am new here.
SOME ADVICE NEEDED HERE GUYS PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP.
I am viewing an Audi A4 SE, 2006 on a 06 plate 4dr FULL CREAM LEATHER 2.0 petrol with just 10k on the clock today but not sure if i am doing the right thing.

The garage is asking 16k i will be trying to knock him down a little.
I love the A4 but have not had time to do much read up about them.
Does anyone know the BHP for the car i am viewing today.

What happened was i put my old car on the market expecting it to take a while to sell this giving me time to read up about the A4 but the same day i listed my car well 1 hour later i should say i had a phone call by evening time the same day my car was gone to a new owner cash paid in full now in a rush to buy my new car.

I have 16k to spend on a A4 and need one with full leather but styling and performance i know nothing about with the A4.

Can't seem to find any website telling you what BHP comes with what car and is the one i am looking at, at the bottom of the list for performance?

Not even sure about the names I.E, S LINE, SE AND SO ON

Hope someone can try and answer a few of my questions and so sorry if they seem so stupid questions just didn't have time to read about the A4.
Added a few pics of the car but she does look real nice only time will tell.

[URL="http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/676/44444cp5.jpg"]
[URL="http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/676/44444cp5.jpg"][URL="http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/676/44444cp5.jpg"]
[/URL]​

[/URL][/URL]

[URL="http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4276/55jd8.jpg"]
[URL="http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4276/55jd8.jpg"][URL="http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4276/55jd8.jpg"]
[/URL]​

[/URL][/URL]
Or i have the option to viewing this one below that is a deisel engine with no leather with 50k on the clock for same money but with full body kit also a nice set of wheels.

Hi and welcome, a few weeks back I was fortunate enough to use an A4 2.0 SE Diesel for a few days and was very impressed by the car it was a new car with only 900 miles on the clock, being the owner of an A6 2.0 SE diesel 54 plate I thought there was going to be a big difference but not too much at all .I love the kit on the silver diesel you are looking at and the wheels. I suppose at the end of the day you have to really decide which car suits you best. I was never a diesel lover until my two sons bought diesel cars and have to say that my present diesel is a privilege to own 49 miles per gallon from an A6 on a nice run ? , with the prices of petrol/diesel as they are at the moment and personally not being able to see a fall in oil prices for a long while to come I guess I would sway towards a diesel (just my thoughts) ,which ever you decide I hope you enjoy and have fun with which one you choose.The only thing I will say is that whichever one you purchase be sure to take out a comprehensive extended warranty as these cars are not cheap to be repaired.(if they go wrong) The dealers love our money.
KJN

Thanks i hve just come back from the garage as i have viewed the black Audi the car is spot on not a fault on this car not even a road chip that made me think has it had a respray but checked and it is just a clean motor with no damage curbing or anything and drives superb.

The sales guy said they are not prepaired to drop the price because of the condition so i have left him with an offer of £15,400 and my telephone number i will try my luck if i don't have a phone call by 4pm today i will ring him up and pay 16k for the car.

The garage did not know the BHP of this car so does anyone know what BHP the 2Ltre Audi A4 SE4 petrol models are?

Thanks

passion said:
Thanks i hve just come back from the garage as i have viewed the black Audi the car is spot on not a fault on this car not even a road chip that made me think has it had a respray but checked and it is just a clean motor with no damage curbing or anything and drives superb.

The sales guy said they are not prepaired to drop the price because of the condition so i have left him with an offer of £15,400 and my telephone number i will try my luck if i don't have a phone call by 4pm today i will ring him up and pay 16k for the car.

The garage did not know the BHP of this car so does anyone know what BHP the 2Ltre Audi A4 SE4 petrol models are?

Thanks

Think you will find they are 144bhp (What Car). Nice looker, later style multi spoke 17 in wheels, . Good buy IMHO from how you describe it and still under warranty which you can normally extend.
Silver one looks tarted up and not to my taste at all. 19 in RS Replica wheels are nice BUT may not be genuine, Genuine Audi are very expensive and there are reports of less than good replicas around. In any event there are many of us who would not touch such a car on the second hand market which may, only may, be a problem for you when you come to sell. Keep them standard and nice IMHO. Good luck. See link below... SE is the base spec leather worth a bit more so price not bad
:icon_thumright: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=29444&plate=81&issue=0

Thanks for that but i have just had a private message saying this car is a 129BHP so what is right 144BHP or 129BHP ???

If being a 129BHP car this car is a standard PERFOMANCE engine this being disapointing knowing it is a 2ltre engine how hard are the 170bhp diesel engines to come across.

its probably the wrong time of the month to be negotiating a discount at a garage, but the Black Audi still looks a far better proposition than the plastic bodykitted Silver one.

As for the BHP, who ever said 144 must have been referring to the Torque as the 2.0 petrol has 128BHP and 144 lb ft Torque.

hope that helps

Don't know about the B7 but the B6 had a 2.0 20v petrol which was 128bhp and a 2.0 FSi which was about 150bhp.

Yep the 2.0 petrol is 128 bhp.

You will struggle to find a 170 bhp 2.0TDI as they haven't been around long.

In my opinion the silver one with the body kit looks pretty awful, and is likely to have been ragged.

I have purchased the black one we dicided the price on £15,800 i pick it up in 2 weeks time.
so i guess i will be a long member of this forum.
One last question if anyone see's this message can i fit a Sat Nav to this car would it work as i have seen these on eBay going from £250 to £500.

Yeah i think you should be able to fit sat nav pretty easily, a lot of people have done it in the B6 section as well as on here, and supposidly its pretty easy. enjoy your new car

passion said:
I have purchased the black one we dicided the price on £15,800 i pick it up in 2 weeks time.
so i guess i will be a long member of this forum.
One last question if anyone see's this message can i fit a Sat Nav to this car would it work as i have seen these on eBay going from £250 to £500.

Well done, the 144 figure was in Wcar 144 =Torque 129 = BHP. whoops, where's me glasses!:icon_thumright:

passion said:
Thanks i hve just come back from the garage as i have viewed the black Audi the car is spot on not a fault on this car not
.......yet the advert describes it as metallic green?
Looks black to me tho' and looks clean and tidy
JohnyT

It is dark green but stand 5 ft away it looks black