EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Owner

Status

Angry 2008 Audi A4 SE - No LED light option!

My apologies in advance for posting a B8 posting here but I can't find the appropriate forum. This is so important for people to know I feel that I had to make the post....

My local Audi dealer here in North Scotland has told me that I can't order Xenon and LED daytime headlights with a 2008 (B8) A4 3.0TDI Quattro SE as the SE's do not have the option of the LED lights! They say it's an error in the 2008 A4 brochure! They've tried to order it and the Audi system does not accept the option, they contacted Germany and they have said that it will only be available on S Line models!

The first wave of the new A4's NOT having the LED daytime light option is going to be bad for Audi as the vehicles are advertised in the UK with LED daytime lights.

Comments ppl...
    Last edited by Kyoshi; 11th December 2007 at 23:14.
    1997 A4 2.8 30v Silver Quattro

2. # ADS
    ADS

Owner

Status
    I would not want those lights anyway. Will be the next neon light washer jets and the A4 is a family car not a sports car like the R8.
    A4 1.8T Quattro, FMIC, Coilovers, B&M short shift, 312mm Brakes, Stage 4 clutch, Awe Gauge, Uprated antiroll bars, plus more bits. Pics Here

Owner

Status

Lightbulb

I hear what you say but the point is it's advertised in the brochure as an option for 775. Those who would like the LED option will be disappointed - including me! Also, every photo of the new A4 shows the LED lights on each (left-hand drive) model so even if someone doesn't notice the LED option they may well assume that the LED lights are standard (which they are not).
    1997 A4 2.8 30v Silver Quattro

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    All the reviews have stated that the LEDs will be an option, I guess all the reviewers have had S Line models !
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

Neutral

Status
    I'd also discovered this. There's a new A4 article on the Audi channel which introduces the A4 and yet again it's the S-line model (in hooligan Misano Red ). At least on this article they've had the decency to plaster "Xenons only available on S-line models" across the screen.

Problem is there's no word on when the S-line will be available (please correct me if you know otherwise). Then again it really is starting to look like a waste of money because the difference in styling from the SE appears to be even subtler than the current S-line model which IMHO is almost indistinguishable from the other models. I guess you could argue Audi are protecting the investments made by others in S and RS models but then I'd say don't offer the S-line at all.

I've never really been a BMW fan but at least their M Sport range is noticably different from the SE models and does so without undermining the full on M-series.
    A5 1.8TFSI Sport | Quartz Grey | Black Milano Leather | Xenons & DRLs | Electric seats | Bang & Olufsen sound | Parking System Plus | Hold Assist | Cruise | Interior light pack | Storage pack | Auto dimming mirror | Butterflies in my tummy

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Real shame that, and very misleading too.

I'd wait for the S-line model myself.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andyccr
    All the reviews have stated that the LEDs will be an option, I guess all the reviewers have had S Line models !
    None of the roadtests featured S-line's.
    All the testers were given SE's.
    Why not print off this article and take it to your dealer.
    Very firmly states it was an SE and you can see it has the LED's.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    None of the roadtests featured S-line's.
    All the testers were given SE's.
    Why not print off this article and take it to your dealer.
    Very firmly states it was an SE and you can see it has the LED's.
    The LEDs in that picture are hideous, IMO. Surely there must be a more elegant solution than that.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    The LEDs in that picture are hideous, IMO. Surely there must be a more elegant solution than that.
    I agree, I think they're awful.
    Doesn't change the fact SE's have been pictured fitted with them and the brochure says you can order them, so the dealer should be able to sort it.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Forgive me if I am a luddite, but what is the point of these LED lights?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    Forgive me if I am a luddite, but what is the point of these LED lights?
    Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) - to make you look like a Volvo!!!!!

Allegedly some research shows that accident rates are reduced when all cars have DRLs but that research was carried out in countries that have very long dark winters, and other research has shown an increase in accident rates due to driver distraction. The jury is out ...
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

6th Gear

Status
    I've only seen an A6 fitted with them, and they look proper w*nk.
    Honestly, they just shout "look at me, me ,me"
    Each to their own though.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave
    Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) - to make you look like a Volvo!!!!!

Allegedly some research shows that accident rates are reduced when all cars have DRLs but that research was carried out in countries that have very long dark winters, and other research has shown an increase in accident rates due to driver distraction. The jury is out ...
    Seems to me I can achieve much the same effect on my five year-old B6 by the relatively straightforward step of switching my headlights on in daylight (which I tend to do already anyway).

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hmm, not immediately a fan of the B8.
    I guess I am a little biased though :P

1st Gear

Status
    They were originally going to be an option on the SE but due to factory constraints they are no longer available on SE models and standard on S-line models. Unfortunately no amount of feet stamping will change that.

It's worth noting that press cars are pre-production cars and do not neccesarily reflect final/UK specifications.
    2008 VW Golf R32 3dr

DBP :: RNS510 :: Winter Pack :: Retrofit Cruise :: OEM LED Tail Lights :: R-line badges ::

Uber Post Whore

Status
    I see they've updated there website now....

http://microsites.audi.co.uk/microsi...007/index.html

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

6th Gear

Status
    Jesus, talk about a bad start...

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    Jesus, talk about a bad start...
    Yeah, well, it's hardly anything important, is it? A bad start is when Mercedes announces that its all-new A-Class is going to turn the motoring world upside down, and then invites said motoring world to Scandinavia to demonstrate it.

Now that's a bad start!

6th Gear

Status
    Agreed, it's hardly a spectacular 'elk test' style embarrassment.
    But, you never know, there may be people willing to cancel their order over it.
    With the car world being the way it is, with cars all being much of a muchness, it's little details like this that can turn an A4 from a run of the mill car to so something 'different', to some people.
    I suppose you could always buy an SE than retro-fit them from an S-line?
    Should be a straight swap?