Help Can I Reto Fit all this!??

R14AYN

Driving like it was stolen
Reaction score
How Do folks?

Got my second a4 ordered and on the way (Dec 6th YASSS!) however I didn't order a few things I now wish I had.

So is it possible to:

1. Fit a TV tunner to the DVD Sat nav (with disc changer)?

2. Fit BI-XENON ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS

3. 19" wheels without mucking about with suspension and thus void my warranty

Any and all help much appreciated

1 is possible but expensive, a couple of people on here seem to be able to do it ( see the thread about fitting sat nav in this section )

2 Lots of work and very expensive, probably not worth it.

3 Easy just make sure you get the right offset if getting replicas.

1. Not much point really unless you are using an aftermarket digital tuner and multimedia adapter. This has been succesfully fitted with varying results with regards to picture quality.

If you are going to install the OEM Audi system, it can be done relativley easily. However it is an anolouge system, and seen as anolouge is getting phased out in UK over the next couple of years it seems very little point!

2 Just buy some decent bulbs like the Phillips xtreme, and thats as close as you will get with out carrying out a real ball ache of a retrofit that will never be 100% OEM.

3. As Steve said!

Thanks a lot folks.
The Analouge thing was the main reason I didn't order it in the first place. Whats the chance of someone wipping up a digital tunner in the next two years??
I saw the Phillips bulbs and thought that would be the fall back and far less hassle than swapping out the whole lights.

Much appreciated

If they have the H4 bulb then you can fit an aftermarket HID kit and hey presto in 30 mins you have bi-zenons. I had them fitted to all my cars over the past few years, pass MOTs fine, look great and very clear bright light when driving at night. cost is around £190

Are the HID kits any good? As there a loads of cheap crappy ones out there. Is there a specific good make?

Terry

I've had 3 makes and they are all good, the one on my wifes car now is Prius and it's been on for around 8 months with no probs at all.

Another important point, all xenon headlamp units must come with a washer system by law. If you replace your standard head lamps for Bi-Xenons headlamps, you'd have to replace the front bumper and install a washer system as well. It could come back to haunt you at MOT time.

I lease my cars so anything that might screw with the warranty is a no no, so changing bumpers might be out the question.

This is by far the most helpfull forum i've been on - Well done

digital tuners can be purchased already, they are around £280 for an Alpine one that includes DAB, if this will work with the Audi Sat Nav I don't know or how good the reception would be,

I found a few digital tuners on the ol tinterweb -

Anyone tried fitting one?