Chris NottAH Fabrications

Thread: Retro fit DIS

chrisru

Retro fit DIS

I've followed the threads about the colour vs red DIS, so I realise I can't fit a colour DIS to my car but all I want to get is DIS. My B7 doesn't have the multifunction stalk for DIS but is it a matter of fitting the stalk and telling the electronics that it is there? Anyone else done this?

Thanks

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Yes, just fit the new stalk and code it to the car using VAG-COM. You may also need to ground a wire to prevent the low washer fluid warning from always being on, Pretty straightforward though.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

Status
    A 3.0TDi quattro s-line doesn't have a computer as standard?
    You are kidding me?
    It's not as simple as just adding the stalk, I think you need a new DIS. Audi don't tend to leave unused electronics lying around behind the dash just waiting for someone to connect them up.

Gotcha!!!

Status
    I had a B6 without DIS and I had an audi tech on it for 6 hours with loads of bits and he couldn't get it to work.

So unless the B7 is lots different I would bet if it deosn't have it then it can't be added.
    A6 C6 2.0 TFSI Avant, Grey Silver, Auto.

Shakersville

Status
    Try reading this thread on TSN as these guys have retrofitted DIS on a B6 it may be what you are looking for.
    Link

They have enabled DIS just with a new stalk & without a new cluster, but I am not sure what functionality if any is missing over the factory fitted DIS and if the B7 is the same.
    Last edited by timps; 11th October 2007 at 00:01.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac
    You are kidding me?
    It's not as simple as just adding the stalk, I think you need a new DIS. Audi don't tend to leave unused electronics lying around behind the dash just waiting for someone to connect them up.

andy motrosparkz has just done it by adding a different stalk and coding

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...156#post431156
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac
    You are kidding me?
    On a B7 it is that simple, I have fitted this a few weeks ago to my dad's B7 2.0 TDI and it all works a treat.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

chrisru
    Thanks for the advice, and in reply to AndyMac I wish that Audi didn't make all of these items options as it's a pain when you buy secondhand but they do seem keen to get every penny out of people.