A4 Cabriolet S line Special Edition

Gilly

Reaction score
I have just ordered an S-Line SE, and the dealer has given me a delivery date of 28 february, surely it doesnt take this long to get a new car!!

Is it common for A4 Cabs to take this long to be delivered, or is the dealer just giving me a worse case?

Also the dealer reckons the alloys are the same style as on the RS4 Cab, can any of you guys confirm this to be true, or am i likely to be disppointed.

Gilly said:
I have just ordered an S-Line SE, and the dealer has given me a delivery date of 28 february, surely it doesnt take this long to get a new car!!

Is it common for A4 Cabs to take this long to be delivered, or is the dealer just giving me a worse case?

Also the dealer reckons the alloys are the same style as on the RS4 Cab, can any of you guys confirm this to be true, or am i likely to be disppointed.

No idea on the delivery but get the dealer to confirm the wheels in writing if it's important to you. Opinions on here will be just that and won't help you if the wheels are wrong

Most manufactures quote 12 weeks for a factory build, usually something can be found sooner if you arn't too specific on options or colour.

Gilly,

All the S Line specials editions wether it be an avant, saloon or cab now come with RS4 "Style" alloys. They only look like RS4 alloys but in fact are 18" while the RS4 original ones are 19". They are also just the normal alloy wheel silver colour while the RS4 ones are a slightly darker colour IIRC.

Still bloddy nice wheels though!

Enjoy your motor!

Terry

Audi's press release for the Cab shows it with normal 5 spoke Sline wheels just to confuse everyone....

Getting fed up waiting for my A4 Cab SE to arrive, and i still have three months before the delivery date..I hope its worth the wait.

I havnt even seen one in the flesh yet as Audi cant be ***** to post a picture of it on there site, I know its not much different than the standard S Line but I want to see how beefy it looks with the 7 spoke wheels

Starting to wish i had ordered an A5 now

Please can someone cheer me up, and convince me its worth the wait :blownose:

I've got the "RS4" wheels on my new motor - not sure about them, thinking the RS6's on my B6 looked better

I Would gladly trade you my Astra hire car for your A4 Cab, we can swap back around the 28th feb 2008

I've just heard that my A4 Cab Sport has arrived, initially advised of a 3 month lead time (Ordered 1st Aug) arriving on October 19th, that went back to December 14th and then back to January 10th. However it arrived last week (I am still to take delivery though).

That was 4 months so I can well believe at least a 3 month wait for any factory order car, sorry to scare monger it it may yet slip back - but well worth the wait....I would have killed to be able to have the S-Line SE!!

Hope your enjoying your A4Cab Sport Tim, best combination in my opinion, red leather and black paint.

thats the only down side i found when ordering my S-line...No option other than Black seats.

good to see your another 205 1.6 GTi owner in the past, i loved mine too..until the cam belt snapped.

Gilly said:
Hope your enjoying your A4Cab Sport Tim, best combination in my opinion, red leather and black paint.

thats the only down side i found when ordering my S-line...No option other than Black seats.

good to see your another 205 1.6 GTi owner in the past, i loved mine too..until the cam belt snapped.

Picking the A4 up on the 17th December, due to my Saab not having reached it's three year mark until then (and the lease firm won't let me trade early). I can't wait, it's sad but I've already started setting up playlists on my iPod ready to test the BOSE system out!!

I wasn't able to order an S-Line as it was above my grade at work (it's a company car) but have taken sanctuary in the fact that had I have gone for one I couldn't have chosen the seat colour - seems a little silly really but I would have been happier to settle for that and had that gorgeous body kit, and the S-Line grille looks lots nicer too!

The Pug was a real old favourite - I bet if I drove it now to some extent I would be left wanting - it didn't even have electric windows but I have very fond memories, it was a blast! I bought mine at just under 3 years old, it was one of the last 1.6's to be registered at a August '92 K reg, anyway after 3 weeks of thrashing it my cam belt snapped too!!! The blessing was that having bought it from a main dealer I pretty much got an engine rebuild so all good in the end!

Anyway 2 weeks to go!!!:thumbsup:

happy days

I have heard from my Audi dealer that my car will be arriving three months early, should be arriving on 30th December.

Merry Xmas to me !!!!

Dealers pushing A4 Cabs at present and even glossy ads in Sunday papers for the S Line Special Edition, I think last time Audi advertised the Cab was with a free sport pack just before the facelisted version a couple of years ago. With the new A3 Cab being announced and A5 Cab on its way sales must be down.... BUT IMHO the A4 Cab is a cracking motor, enjoyed my 3 years in a 3.0Sport but afraid the TT looks and low depreciation forced me to order a TT (being built week 5 2008!) Can't wait. Phantom Black, Red Magma, 19 in 7 spokes, parking, + a few bits. No discount but a cracking px which I reckon is worth about 6% off!!

Cheers

Not sure where you got the A4 Cab residual figures from but everywhere I look TT's return more. That's only part of the story really, if you need 4 seats A4 does the business, if you want handling performance and economy + arguably better residuals TT has it, hence we've ordered one + another Sportback A3.:think:

Rick Glover said:
Not sure where you got the A4 Cab residual figures from

I put a link in the post, Lex... one of the largest leasing companies in the UK. Their whole business revolves around resale values so they will be spot on with the figures and TT's dont even get in the top 10.

I saw the Link but it doesn't state model of A4 cabriolet. Traditionally the base 1.8 has achieved a higher residual than the 3.2 V6! My 3 yr old 3.0 Sport achieved 62% of new cost at 3 years old and 30k miles.

On the basis that current model A4 Cab will be an ex model next year and TT likely to remain current for 4+ years. I would imagine that the residual value (percentage)for a new TT bought new in March 08 will exceed an A4 Cab nice though they are!

Sorry not convinced!! (have ordered the TT anyway!!!)

Cheers

Rick:sorry:

to be fair, i would have loved a TT, and very nearly ordered one, Having two kid was the reason why i opted for the A4 CAB, despite the fact its an outgoing model, life is all about compromise eh !

Too right Gilly. A4 Cab is great car (as long as kids are smallish!) We enjoyed ours. But now we only one kid at home and missus has A3 Sportback so a TT for fun was the choice.

I have to say I was a bit worried about residuals on A4 Cabs with new ones (A3 & A5) on the horizon but I suppose the extra kit on the Sline SE will help and I trust if a private purchase you at least managed 6% discount. Enjoy! At least its an Audi!! VDT

Cheers

Rick:o.k:

hooray for me!

the A4 Cab arrived today, shame it was hammering down when it was delivered.

suppose there will be plenty of time to get the roof down in the summer :)

Gilly said:
hooray for me!

the A4 Cab arrived today, shame it was hammering down when it was delivered.

suppose there will be plenty of time to get the roof down in the summer :)

Well done... Pictures soon??
:hubbahubba:

Yep, it's got alloy pedals, i presumed they were standard kit on the S-line so be honest.

just wondering the se doesn't comes with s-line suspension does it, mines being delivered and i'm already thinking about lowering with a set of springs, what's your opinion on ride.

thanks

migzy

migzy said:
just wondering the se doesn't comes with s-line suspension does it, mines being delivered and i'm already thinking about lowering with a set of springs, what's your opinion on ride.

thanks

migzy

I think you will find it does, I would not lower unless you are planning regular exhaust replacements they are low anyway! Nice Colour Gilly, black looks so good on Audis.:icon_thumright:

Just to confirm, The SE definately has got the sports suspension, and in my opinion the ride is very firm.

It even seems a harder ride than my Fiat Coupe and that was a bone shaker,

I wouldnt change it for the world though :)

What colour have you ordered migzy?

phantom black, should be delivered by april or may, can't wait, was going to get the TT but couldn't be bothered to wait 8 months.
I popped into the dealer the other day and they gave me a new brochure,

the brochure states that the SE has everything the s-line model has, plus the extra's.

The salesman also confirmed it had s-line suspension

If you look at the s-line desciption it says s-line sports suspension, so according to the brochure the SE should have the same

might phone Audi HQ to see if they can confirm, I prefer the firmer ride