retro fitting options...

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
Is it possible to retro fit any of the following and has anyone attempted any of them ?

Auto dim rear view mirror
Auto lights
rain sensing wipers
MFSW with paddles

Thanks
Steve

You could tie in the first three together but wont be cheap as you'll need a new screen as thats where the rain sensor is, obv the mirror needs replacing as well! you'll also need a new headlight control switch for the auto-lights but its certainly do-able.

MFSW much easier but again wont be cheap, new wheel and possibly new steering wheel ECU and slip ring may be required, And of course access to VAG-COM, All very do-able though.

I just completed retro-fitting auto-dimming exterior door mirrors, a ****** of a job but well worth the effort now its all done I feel.:icon_thumright:

hmmmm i'll look at the windscreen, my present golf has the rain sensors and i know rhwy asked when I needed the replacement screen. The actual sensor is built into the mirror. I have the dimming mirrors on the GOlf as well and once you have had them its difficult not wanting them again, I always thought they were a gimic but after a hired astra I missed them.

The light sensor is in the rear-view mirror housing, the rain sensor sits above it on the under side of the screen, I guess you might be able to fit the sensor to your original screen but I doubt it would look OEM.

Drove 200 miles last night in the dark and the dimming exterior mirrors were great, worth the aggro of fitting them for sure.

The mirror glasses come up on ebay from time to time. Not cheap from Audi though, no surprise there I guess - they are around £160+ vat (each!)