EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

2008 B7 Audi A4 Transmission

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forums, and new to Audi. Before I get killed, I did try and search, I've spent all day looking, I even emailed Audi, who emailed me back. I've read as much as I can find, and things tend to conflict with one another, I just want it sorted out, and I figure this is probably a really easy question. So, the Newer Audi 08 A4, I think its consider a B7 - it's not the new one thats not out yet. The 2.0 TFSI Quattro, what transmission does it come with, I am pretty sure it is the tiptronic, not the multitronic due to the multitronic not being compatable with the Quattro. So, does the Tiptronic have a wet type clutch set-up, or does it have a torque converter. The audi guy at the dealer said it had a single clutch pack, online, I've read it has a torque converter. Can someone please explain to me the transmission set up on the Audi A4 Quattro. I know it isnt a DSG. But, is it a CVT style like the Multitronic, or what is this so-called Tiptronic. I'm betting its more than just neat flappy paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Thanks guys for helping me make heads or tails of this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I think I finally found it. Wow, it does use a torque converter, how lame. They should have implemented the DSG gearbox, why not, they have the rights to use it. Game over on the A4 unless I do decide to go manual. Idk, I just feel let down, I really like this car, and I could find no bad things to say about it. I was just hopeing for better transmission options, like the dsg, or even multitronic.

I just want the perfect setup, quattro, 2.0 TFSI, DSG, and a kick ass looking car. The a4...soo close..so very close. Still on the top of the list though. I'm just let down I guess.
    Last edited by coreyjon; 21st September 2007 at 23:09.

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Why are you so set against a torque converter?
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurfuxake
    Why are you so set against a torque converter?
    They waste power. A DSG gearbox is more economical.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Neutral

Status
    just go manual!!
    RS4 B7 Avant misano red

It's electric

Status
    ah perfection. if that's what you wanted why aren't you asking for electric drive instead.. that's right I said electric like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHtAkM3CYLA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqqtJpfZElQ
    the bike goes 0-100km/h in less than one second btw
    that's faster than a formula one isn't it... : )

a few weeks ago audi announced the A1 as an electric too. ICE is dead, just doesn't know it yet.

regarding the audi email, is that just some sales contact or someone who can actually answer technical questions? if so what is it.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Don't think they have made a DSG box to fit the longitudinal engine yet !
    adam