Parts for cruise control fit?

Issac Hunt

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have a B7 A4, thinking of retro-fitting cruise control. What parts will I need? Is it just the cruise stalk and lower steering column cowling?

Simply fit the stalk and away you go? I have MFSW so dont think I will need steering wheel ECU and I have VAG-COM as well.

Thanks...

Thanks for that link mate, that's just what I was looking for. Looks like a pretty straightforward job as I dont need to change the steering ECU, off to order some parts now. Thanks again!

Excellent link, I was kinda gutted when I bought my car and it never had cruise.

Now I know my first modification t concentrate on.

Let us know how you get on Isaac :)

All fitted to the car now, cost for all the parts from the Audi dealer was about £60, was a very simple job to do - took about an hour from start to finish. Just waiting for my new HEX-CAN VAG-COM cable to arrive then I'll code it to the car so it works.

Hi all,I didnt want to start a new thread for one little question,I have now recieved my cruise control stalk and lower cowling.Do I need to purchase any fixing screws to mount the stalk?(2006 A4)

tony

tonycb6 said:
Hi all,I didnt want to start a new thread for one little question,I have now recieved my cruise control stalk and lower cowling.Do I need to purchase any fixing screws to mount the stalk?(2006 A4)

tony

No you wont need anymore screws.

Thanks for that, just fitting the cruise control,managed to clear all faults and recoded my steering wheel control(04041) but it wont work.Am i missing something? I printed off the pdf on the retofit site and all went well until it states: "coding for the engine"ENGINE 01,CODING-II 11,enter 11463 (do it). Well i cant select "CODING-II 11" as it is shaded out.

Any ideas?

Tony

Are you confident you dont need a new steering ECU? Do you have MFSW? If not then its likely the ECU needs changing.

tonycb6 said:
Well i cant select "CODING-II 11" as it is shaded out.
Can you select "LOGIN 11"? That's the one you want.

Ido have the mfsw and the control arm pluged in to the contol module ok.

as i say coding-II 11 is shaded out and in other modes the same button changes to "login in" ,so it looks like the program is not changing to Login.

Now currently looking to enter the code in to the security 16 but having to wait 10mins to time out.

Just to make sure i am singing from same book, Ihave opened vag com

press select in top left corner
then select 01 engine from the common tap
its then i cant select coding/login it is shaded out

Also in the soft coding box it states "long coding"

Security access 16 as refused the key.So it dont go there.

tony

Hooray done it!!

I had to use the recode in the long code section,my old code was ..0104000318070020.. I then read:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/2.0l_TFSI_%28AXX/BGB/BPJ/BPY/BWA%29#Coding

I had to change to;0104000318070120

Also I dont get it how some people say you dont need extra screws in my install you do need screws? 2 screws hold on each stalk,I had to use one screw from the indicator stalk to hold the cruise stalk,so if you are planning an install buy 2 screws.
Also be aware that because the battery has been disconnected you will need to pair up the car for the remote locking,instructions in the manual.
Also the "one touch"windows need to be reset ,again in the manual.

Now have a niced little "clock timer"light on dash when cruise is on,and feels strange when you can accelerate and deaccelerate moving the stalk and and down.

Anyway,is there a reason why I couldn't use "login" or"coding-II"

many thanks

Tony

When I said you dont need 'extra' screws I meant that the kit I bought from Audi included the bits needed to complete the job, therefore no 'extra' screws were required. Sorry for the confusion:icon_thumright:

Im unsure why the login or coding didnt work, I didnt need to use the long coding to set mine up. I run the same cable and version of VAG-COM. Glad to hear its all workling fine now though!

Ahh part from audi = screws
part from vagparts = no screws

cheers

Tony

tonycb6 said:
Anyway,is there a reason why I couldn't use "login" or"coding-II"
Yes.

Your ECU is one of the newer ones that uses long coding, the login is only needed for older type ECUs that use normal (I suppose we should now call it short) coding.

Hi
the audi retro fit site has been removed. Does anyone have another link on how to retofit to my 2006 A4 Cab with MFSW
Thanks Rich