MFSW phone functions not working

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry, interloper from the A3 forum here but this relates to an A4.

The bosses wife has an A4 Cab with the phone prep and MFSW but somethings not right.

The phone pairs up over bluetooth fine (LG chocolate) and she can answer incoming calls via pressing the left roller on the wheel but that's it.

Unlike my A3, pressing the "speak" button on the right does nothing at all, nor does the volume roller affect the volume of calls once in progress. The mode button to the left also does nothing at all.

This doesn't seem right - have Audi screwed up the coding on her car? If the car wasn't coded for the MFSW then sure the left roller press wouldn't work either, yet it does. Rather confused here - anyone got any ideas?

I have an A4 Cab and the following works with mine. Mode button (left)switches between CD/Radio (whichever your listening to) & phone, once phone is selected left roller button can scroll through address book, left roller press selects number or answers incoming call, right roller controls volume of call. Right button (speak) is voice activation and this is disabled on Cabs. Sounds like there may be some compatability issues with that model of phone to me. I have a Sony k800 which works perfectly.

Hmm, thanks for the input.

Problem is the chocolate won't sync its contacts with the BT module, although it connects up fine. This could explain the lack of functionality from the mode button on the left. You say the speak button doesn't work on cabs though, is this true!? If so then why on earth not, seems rather daft?

Your functionality is exactly how my system works, but then I have a phone which syncs fully with the onboard system.

No, can't see the point. I know that the LG isn't fully compatible so I won't get the phonebook sync on mine either, simply the same level of functionality. What's puzzling me is why the steering wheel doesn't work. The mode button could well be down to the lack of phonebook (spose I could test that in mine actually) but if what Cupra says is true and the speak button is disabled in the Cab then that's frankly pathetic.

Sounds like either the MFSW or the phone interface is coded wrong. Sounds like a VAG-COM job to me...

On an A4 cabby the voice control is disabled by Audi at the factory. They do not think that voice control will work in a convertable car with the top down.

It is an easy job to enable the speech control in VAG COM, just change the steering wheel coding to enable it.

0?xxx: Steering Wheel

?=4 for voice control