Interested in buying S4 Conv.

S4Kid

Reaction score
Hi i'm not quite familiar with the S4's and i'm kinda on the fence about getting either the previous gen S4 conv. or the current one. Can you guys enlighten me a little about the two. What are the differences( besides looks more on the side of fit and finish and 'driving experience'). Anyways thanks in advance guys.

Fit and finish on either model, the earlier B6 and the later (current) B7 are both excellent. The interior itself is no different between the versions. Only mechanical differences are a revised suspension setup on the newer models which is a bit better than the B6 version. The exhaust sounds better on the new B7 as well as it has somekind of butterfly valve in it, that opens up with the engine revs (nothing that an aftermarket Milltek system won't fix on the B6 version). Not sure whether the B6 version of the S4 had Servotronic steering like the B7 does?

Are the transmissions the same? The Tiptronic that is. I've seen a few videos of the S4 in action and it seems to have a quite a bit of body roll. Is that cured in the 07' models? Lastly are the body panels interchangeable?