AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits

Thread: Tints

1st Gear

Status

Tints

Has anyone had there A4 tinted?

I was looking at getting my A4 s-line 2006 ( silver ) done.

But should I get the front sides done?

Was also looking at the dark smoke, would this be too heavy ?

Many Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I was going to get my A4 done from B-pillar back, you'll find having dark smoke at the rear makes the front look darker anyway but I would avoid dark smoke on front windows unless you want to get pulled, also IMO you have to be careful not to go too dark with a silver car in case it looks bit naff, If it were me Id have dark smoke on the rear and light smoke B-pillar back creating a noticeable but subtle look.

I'm having the rear only done on the S3 in dark smoke and leaving the sides, if I decide later it needs doing I can always go back.

Post some pics when you get it done
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Reverse Gear

Status

Tints

Anyone got any prices on this? Just taken delivery of my S line SE avant, thinking I should have opted for privacy glass..

1st Gear

Status
    Got my Dad's A4 done at the same place as mine a year ago now. Got 35% tint on rears.

Si

2009-Current | Porsche Boxster 2.7

2007-2009 | Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line

2005-2007 | Audi A3 1.6FSI Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Si,

Has your dads car got S4 mirrors? If so could you stick on a pic from the front, was thinkinh about putting them on my A4.

Terry

57 Plate Imola Yellow S3

1st Gear

Status
    Nice line up on the drive Si !
    B8 Avant S-Line,
    Lava with 19's and a few toys.

Gone: 2004 A4 1.9TDi Avant, 2003 Golf PD150 GTi, 2002 Golf PD150 GTi, 1999 A3 1.8T, 1983 MK1 Golf GX

sage33e

Status
    Got my tints done on my old phantom black B7 A4 saloon. Went to Pentagon in Reading - they couldn't have been more helpful. I phoned around as they asked for 500!! Midnight on rear and behind B pillar, light smoke on front. This was the legal limit allowed. I got them down to 319 all in. Good deal I thought. The car looked ace, though I traded it in to Gloucester Audi and never took any pictures, so I can't show you. Though, my wife says it looked good and she doesn't really care much for cars, so that says something in itself!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by terrymcg
    Si,

Has your dads car got S4 mirrors? If so could you stick on a pic from the front, was thinkinh about putting them on my A4.

Terry
    Hi Terry,

Yeah it's got S4 mirrors on it I'll see if I can dig out a pic and post it in a minute for you.

Si
    Si

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy101
    Nice line up on the drive Si !
    Line ups changed now on the drive lol. Got my white A3, the black A4 in the pic above and a silver A4 Cab too :D
    Si

1st Gear

Status

Front pic for you Terry.
    Si

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by si_reading

Front pic for you Terry.
    Are those standard 18's on the a4 mate. they look bigger. Starting to wish i had got a black one now instead of lava grey. Lovely set of cars

Gotcha!!!

Status
    This is my old car with 30% tints all round, they block 70% of light coming in as well as the standard audi tint of around 7%. So it was very dark inside and sometimes difficult to see at night so i took the front off.

The picture below is my old Vectra that had 50% tints on the front and 30% on the back, again the glass has a 7% tint already so the front only gets 43% light coming in....in my experience (over 15 cars with tinted windows) 50% on front is perfect in terms of night time driving and sunny days. The back I would go for 25% or 30%, it keeps the heat and sunlight out ofyour car, helps if the kids not to get car sick and also gives good privacy from idiot who want to see what they can steal.

Thanks
    John
    A6 C6 2.0 TFSI Avant, Grey Silver, Auto.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by si_reading
    Got my Dad's A4 done at the same place as mine a year ago now. Got 35% tint on rears.

Very nice line up mate, you dont have any pics of A4 interior by any chance do you?

Cheers
    A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

TORQUETRONIX-DONEGAL

Status
    This is my 02 sport with 50% o the front and 35% on the rear

What you have to remember folks is that if your gona do the front sides that the law states that you cant have any more than 30% on the front sides or 35% on the front windscreen I own a vehicle tinting company in N.Ireland and had my own standard glass tested by the local police (psni)
    and it came up 29%, 1% off the legal limit so ANY tint on the front sides will push it over the legal limit resulting in MOT failure and the old bill pulling ya in and testing them! your looking at a minimum of 3 penalty points and 250 fine but it all depnds on the officer thats dealing with you
    Last edited by TINTMASTER; 4th October 2007 at 09:14.

JJ-TINTS@CARNOISSEUR,
    CARRIGANS,CO.DONEGAL
    TEL/TXT: 07989 480 697 / 07929 779 229
    JJ-TINTS@HOTMAIL.CO.UK

Gotcha!!!

Status
    Using flash was the only way to take a decent pic, it still shows the difference in the amount of light coming in through the front and rear windows.

The UK law states the front windscreen and side windows front of the B post needs to let at least 70% of light in. Which basically rules out any window tint film being applied. But what I have found over the years, and I have been stopped and tested & fined a couple of times, if you tint the rear heavily and then tint the front with 50% then police pass you by as they seem to get theimpression that as they can see a big light difference from the warmth of the their plod car....they usually stay warm in there and don't pull you over.

John
    Last edited by G4JSG; 4th October 2007 at 07:43.
    A6 C6 2.0 TFSI Avant, Grey Silver, Auto.

Keep 'er lit!!!

Status

Mirrors

Hi Si,

Si here from belfast, where did you source the S4 brushed mirrors from. I also have a Black A4 Special edition and I think I will get them from Christmas.

Not sure about the tints, wife thinks it will look like a funeral car!

A3 and A4 both look good!

Simon
    2006 A4 2.0T Phantom Black Special Edition Avant Quattro - love it
    2013 Z4 28is Alpine white, 19's and more or less every extra (ex demo)

Potential S3 Saloon......eeks help required

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lions67
    Are those standard 18's on the a4 mate. they look bigger. Starting to wish i had got a black one now instead of lava grey. Lovely set of cars
    Sorry late reply only just seen this thread again. They are 19" RS6 reps on both the A3 and A4 in that pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdre83
    Very nice line up mate, you dont have any pics of A4 interior by any chance do you?

Cheers
    Not got any pics of the inside sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnallys
    Hi Si,

Si here from belfast, where did you source the S4 brushed mirrors from. I also have a Black A4 Special edition and I think I will get them from Christmas.

Not sure about the tints, wife thinks it will look like a funeral car!

A3 and A4 both look good!

Simon
    Think I replied to your PM but if not.. the S4 mirrors where from Audi Parts at local dealer quite pricey but got them to fit them.
    Si