Tints

beerglass

Reaction score
Has anyone had there A4 tinted?

I was looking at getting my A4 s-line 2006 ( silver ) done.

But should I get the front sides done?

Was also looking at the dark smoke, would this be too heavy ?

Many Thanks

I was going to get my A4 done from B-pillar back, you'll find having dark smoke at the rear makes the front look darker anyway but I would avoid dark smoke on front windows unless you want to get pulled, also IMO you have to be careful not to go too dark with a silver car in case it looks bit naff, If it were me Id have dark smoke on the rear and light smoke B-pillar back creating a noticeable but subtle look.

I'm having the rear only done on the S3 in dark smoke and leaving the sides, if I decide later it needs doing I can always go back.

Post some pics when you get it done :)

Anyone got any prices on this? Just taken delivery of my S line SE avant, thinking I should have opted for privacy glass..

Got my Dad's A4 done at the same place as mine a year ago now. Got 35% tint on rears.

DSC02211-vi.jpg

Si,

Has your dads car got S4 mirrors? If so could you stick on a pic from the front, was thinkinh about putting them on my A4.

Terry

Got my tints done on my old phantom black B7 A4 saloon. Went to Pentagon in Reading - they couldn't have been more helpful. I phoned around as they asked for £500!! Midnight on rear and behind B pillar, light smoke on front. This was the legal limit allowed. I got them down to £319 all in. Good deal I thought. The car looked ace, though I traded it in to Gloucester Audi and never took any pictures, so I can't show you. Though, my wife says it looked good and she doesn't really care much for cars, so that says something in itself!;)

terrymcg said:
Si,

Has your dads car got S4 mirrors? If so could you stick on a pic from the front, was thinkinh about putting them on my A4.

Terry
Hi Terry,

Yeah it's got S4 mirrors on it I'll see if I can dig out a pic and post it in a minute for you.

Si

si_reading said:

Front pic for you Terry.

Are those standard 18's on the a4 mate. they look bigger. Starting to wish i had got a black one now instead of lava grey. Lovely set of cars

This is my old car with 30% tints all round, they block 70% of light coming in as well as the standard audi tint of around 7%. So it was very dark inside and sometimes difficult to see at night so i took the front off.

The picture below is my old Vectra that had 50% tints on the front and 30% on the back, again the glass has a 7% tint already so the front only gets 43% light coming in....in my experience (over 15 cars with tinted windows) 50% on front is perfect in terms of night time driving and sunny days. The back I would go for 25% or 30%, it keeps the heat and sunlight out ofyour car, helps if the kids not to get car sick and also gives good privacy from idiot who want to see what they can steal.

Thanks
John

si_reading said:
Got my Dad's A4 done at the same place as mine a year ago now. Got 35% tint on rears.

Very nice line up mate, you dont have any pics of A4 interior by any chance do you?

Cheers

This is my 02 sport with 50% o the front and 35% on the rear :icon_thumright:

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/TINTMASTER/new%20a4%20pix/STA70374.jpg"][/URL]

What you have to remember folks is that if your gona do the front sides that the law states that you cant have any more than 30% on the front sides or 35% on the front windscreen :end_of_discction: I own a vehicle tinting company in N.Ireland and had my own standard glass tested by the local police (psni)
and it came up 29%, 1% off the legal limit so ANY tint on the front sides will push it over the legal limit :no: resulting in MOT failure and the old bill pulling ya in and testing them! your looking at a minimum of 3 penalty points and £250 fine :asskicking: but it all depnds on the officer thats dealing with you :busted_cop:

Using flash was the only way to take a decent pic, it still shows the difference in the amount of light coming in through the front and rear windows.

The UK law states the front windscreen and side windows front of the B post needs to let at least 70% of light in. Which basically rules out any window tint film being applied. But what I have found over the years, and I have been stopped and tested & fined a couple of times, if you tint the rear heavily and then tint the front with 50% then police pass you by as they seem to get theimpression that as they can see a big light difference from the warmth of the their plod car....they usually stay warm in there and don't pull you over.

John

Hi Si,

Si here from belfast, where did you source the S4 brushed mirrors from. I also have a Black A4 Special edition and I think I will get them from Christmas.

Not sure about the tints, wife thinks it will look like a funeral car!

A3 and A4 both look good!

Simon

lions67 said:
Are those standard 18's on the a4 mate. they look bigger. Starting to wish i had got a black one now instead of lava grey. Lovely set of cars
Sorry late reply only just seen this thread again. They are 19" RS6 reps on both the A3 and A4 in that pic.
mdre83 said:
Very nice line up mate, you dont have any pics of A4 interior by any chance do you?

Cheers
Not got any pics of the inside sorry.
mcnallys said:
Hi Si,

Si here from belfast, where did you source the S4 brushed mirrors from. I also have a Black A4 Special edition and I think I will get them from Christmas.

Not sure about the tints, wife thinks it will look like a funeral car!

A3 and A4 both look good!

Simon
Think I replied to your PM but if not.. the S4 mirrors where from Audi Parts at local dealer quite pricey but got them to fit them.