S-Line SE Black Exhaust

Shadowman

Reaction score
Picking up the S-Line SE this w/end, and I really don't like the black exhaust tips on this model. Does anyone know if this is simply painted on to the stainless ends and can be scraped off, then the metal polished up to a shine or if I will have to buy some Chrome exhaust tips to slide over the top ?

If I need the Exhaust tips, what size are the exhausts so that I know which size to get ?

Thanks

Hello,

I was the same, i didn't like the black tail pipes on the 2.0T! I searched for exhaust tips but couldn't find any, if i remember these tail pipes are 3.5in dia. So in the end i cut them off and had to weld some stainless pipes on, cost around £80 but i like it.

Spoke to Audi today and they reckon that the exhaust tips are stainless steel, but painted black. So presumably, if I strip the paint off, they may polish up ????? I think I may start on the underneath of one pipe and see what happens........Worst case scenario is I end up painting them black again !!

not sure if the same but the tailpipes on my a4 b5 2.8qs where black and i removed the paint as dealer said they were stainless........and they were

When I got mine last March, I spoke to the main man at Milltek (at an AmD rolling road day) and he said the tailpipes were actually "black chrome" and were very good quality for such a finish. Had to be manufactured outside the EU as the process involves lots of really nasty poisons.

In the end I binned the whole system and fitted the Milltek cats and full system with the regular chrome tailpipes.

What does the Milltek cat-back system cost and how noisy is it ?

I think it was about £700 fitted (but that was over a year ago at AmD). Sports cat was another £500 odd on top. I went for the 100mm tailpipes instead of the 90mm pipes, but there is no cost difference.

Not at all loud or chavvy. Has a nice deep note at idle and a nice rasp at about 4000rpm when under load. No noise difference at all when you're cruising on the motorway (at least not from inside anyway).

milltek.jpg

Yeah, sorry about that Shadowman. The visit to the AmD Rolling Road Day, 6 weeks into ownership of this car, had the same effect on me. :icon_thumright:

Anyone know anything about getting a new Exchaust in relation to affecting the manudacturer's warranty?

Hoping to get a new exhaust system fitted but Milltek dont seem to have one available for the 2.0TDI 140?