A4 2.0T FSI Quattro S-line common fault?

tmitch45

Reaction score
Hi all new member here, hope this is in the correct place (I've also put it in the tech section). I was intending to buy an Audi A4 2.0T FSI Quattro S-line after looking for the perfect car for the last 4-5months. I've always been lead to believe that the 2.0 FSI turbo unit (as found in the Golf GTI) is very very reliable. However, after reading the article on page 19 of Audi Driver June 2007 (Issue 6 Volume 11) entitled Mysteries of the 2.0 TFSI I'm having second thoughts. The article discusses details of a 'common fault' around fueling which can cause the car to hesitate or for the ECU to put the car into limp mode. This is then cured by either running a test on the ECU and replacing the regulator or replacing the regulator and pump. I was wondering if anyone could answer the following questions for me:

Is this really a common fault have people experienced this problem?

Is it something that would be covered by the warrenty?

Which year of models does it effect?

Is there a proper cure, recall or mod as it sounds like it could re-occure every 15,000miles?

I would really appreciate peoples views on this, as I'm not keen to invest a lot of hard earned cash if a fault exists with this engine.:tocktock:

Any other comments about positives or negatives of the model would be appreciated!

I've never heard of that fault with the 2.0TFSI, and if it did happen I'd imagine it would be covered by the Audi warranty (if you have one).

I just traded-in my Quattro S-Line, I done 23k in it last year and it never missed a beat. I only regret not getting it remapped before I sold it!

Have you found a car yet? (wonder if its my old one :))

I've seen a black A4 2.0T FSI Quattro S-line on the Audi used car locator. The car has done 19,000mile so prob not yours. How did you like yours? Would you have another? what car have you changed it for?

Just make sure you run it on super unleaded (yes you can tell the difference - about 20bhp) and you should have no problems at all. I run an A4 Avant 2.0T FSi (220bhp model) and it is perfect.
You won't regret your purchase. I traded from a 407 Peugeot which was an absolute shed.

tmitch45 said:
I've seen a black A4 2.0T FSI Quattro S-line on the Audi used car locator. The car has done 19,000mile so prob not yours. How did you like yours? Would you have another? what car have you changed it for?

Well it never let me down and had all the toys, so I was fairly happy with it. The TFSI has loads of torque low down which is pretty good, but I was slightly dissapointed in the overall MPG - only averaged 24 and I didn't drive it hard. It did everything well I suppose, I'd probably take another :)

Changed for a Boxster (see sig) which is a totally different thing altogether. Nothing against the A3 but I wanted something different and more focused, having driven the Porsche I was hooked!

Remember and post pics if you get the car :icon_thumright:

I also had a TFSI Q Special Ed. and had zero problems with it before I traded it back in.DO use V power or super plus though..
Dont believe all you read in Audi Driver mag!..
Got great MPG from mine (often 35 MPG plus on a motorway run)

I also have a 2.0Fsi 220 bhp ,and my fuel consumption is excellent, 30.9 mpg since i got the car from new, and get 34mpg driving to work down country roads. even 38 mpg on the motorway at 75 to 80 mph.:blackrs4: