Lumpy rear !

Smudge973

Reaction score
From 40mph upwards I can feel vibrations coming through the car's rear... It's not the tyres/wheels I've had them checked "again" today.
The wheels have been balanced more times that my grans kitchen scales

40mph I can feel it starting
60mph it's more obvious
80mph+ and you can feel it getting worse the faster you go.

Any ideas, I'm quite confident it's a suspension issue.
I'll be booking it in this week to be checked at the stealers.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers.

The car was with Audi last week - and surprise surprise they did not notice the vibration - It's soooooo obvious.. They also said they put the car on the ramp and checked visables, but no problems... My next 2 steps are as follows:

1) I emailed Goodyear and explained the problems since having the tyres fitted, they told me to take them back to the fitter and have them removed from the rim and rotated 180degrees and then re-fitted etc....Something to do with the heavyspots on the tyres ? ?

2) Wheel alignment - Can this really cause vibration ? To be honest the car does not pull etc so I would never imagine that this is out.

All advice appreciated, thanks.

Have you tried swaping the wheels front to rear
Mine dose the same, due to buckled wheels :-(

The car is still in Warranty so they need to look at it for you, ask them to try a donor set of wheels maybe, this is the quickest way to see if its a tyre or wheel issue

Does the vibration change if you are going into a bend either way?

They need to be chaecking the car on a four post ramp too, they always check on the 2 post ramp for some reason, how can you check when all the weight is hanging down I never know

Yes, tried front to rear and still exactly the same. The problem I have with the dealer is that they drove the car and cant feel the vibration...
So I think they are a little reluctent to help....

B****rds....

OK - Update - had the car back to Audi and they put 4 new tyres on my car to try resolve it - All fine - I drove the car the feeling was great, how it used to be. . . . After long discussions on the phone with tyre fitters, they have agreed to replace the tyres as they appear to be out of shape.

4 new Contrinetial Contact Sport 2's on the car tomorrow, I dont know if anyone has any experiance of these but my 1st experiance of F1's is poor, so I'm prepared to give these a shot.