BOSE

stuart scott

Reaction score
I got the free bose upgrade when I bought my 2.0t in November, it has the new concert HU with the bigger screen, however it does not come up BOSE when I switch it on like the old one did .Anyone know if this is correct or should I take it back to the dealer to get the bose turned on.:confused:

Bose on the display is purely cosmetic, it does nothing. As long as you have the Bose speakers and amp then you have Bose.

The non BOSE cars say AUDI when you turn on the stereo. If it bothers you that much get it in to them and get them to sort it

if you have had a replacement stereo the new unit needs to be coded to the bose system, any audi headunit will work with bose it just needs to be recoded!!!!
10 min job with vagcom

Bose coding via VAGCOM switches on the Bose logo when you switch the HU on. That's all it does. Its the grounding of the Bose pin on the rear of the unit that switchs on the Bose EQ, so this is automatic on a Bose system as the Bose pin is already grounded. Whether it's coded to say Bose or not is purely cosmetic.

Hi anyone,

I got an 2006 A4 and just bought a new Bose system for it. Did anyone here experience to retrofit bose system ever? If so, can you guys please advise me?

Cheers,
kemthongminh