Tyre Size - 19" Rims

Spin140

Reaction score
Decided to go for some New style RS4 Reps, originally I was looking at 18" with 235 x 40 x 18 but then I came a cross some excellent copies at Wheel Mania which even have correct looking centre caps.

I know that on an RS4 the usual tyre size is 255 x 35 x 19, chap at WMania is recommending 245 x 35 x 19 Goodyear GSD III for my A4 Avant S-Line, is this correct ? I mentioned original have 255 but he said these would be too wide, comments .....

255's are too big, you'll have rubbing issues on the struts and dont forget RS's have flared arches. The correct tyre for 19's is 235/35 which gives you almost spot on the same circumference as the 18's but you can get away with 245's as well.

Thanks for that, I'll go with either the 235 x 35 x 19 or 245 then dependant on which ones he can get the best price for on the F1's.

Had 235 x 35 x 19 Pirelli Pzero Rosso on my 19's (19 X 8.5)
I think they looked a bit too narrow on the rim!
I think 245 would look better but not sure if they'll clear without a spacer!
Might catch on full lock!

Do you have a link to the new style RS4 reps on wheel mania
or can you tell me what they’re called? Would'nt mine having a look at em!

Cheers
Keef

Dont have a link or name as I popped in there last week as was in Solihull, they are definetly the best reps I have seen even with 'oem' looking centre caps rather than stickers.

I have a compliments slip with the following info on:-

Wheelmania, Coventry Rd, Sheldon branch, B26 3PN.

Sales@wheelmania.co.uk

I was quoted £945 which included Goodyear F1's on the 245x19x35, locking nuts, valves caps etc.

Spoke to a guy called wayne - 0121 688 8844.

Hope this helps, having mine fitted a week friday

Thanx for the info!
Sounds a good price if they're that good for reps!
Get some pix on when you get em fitted!

Cheers
Keef

be carefull with reps
The weight of the wheel is different. Will effect performance big time

unsprung weight is a big problem with heavy rep wheels.

I'm running 235/35/19 khumo tyres not very good spin easily when boost comes on, in the wet, looking into either michelins or good years next

beerglass said:
be carefull with reps
The weight of the wheel is different. Will effect performance big time

Can see how this could be a problem but not too concerned as the reps I have bought are very good and passed my highly scientific weight test - picked the old 17's up then picked up the 19" Rep !!! Not a massive weight difference that I could feel, the reps are from Italy and come complete with 'proper' centre caps, I never used wheel mania in the end as they had sold out and opted for 235 x 19 x 35 Goodyear F1's - they look excellent on will post some pics when I get opportunity.

Cheers for the advice.

I run 235/35-19 Toyo Proxes on my Sportec. Im very happy. Ithink it's the perfect size for B7 A4. Some guys in Norway are running 225/35-19 but they are going extremly low on coils. Im running stock S-Line suspention and no rubbing issue. No prolblem in lovering 20-30 mm more

I had 235/35x19 on my A4 B7 last summer and i mean thats det right size for that car. But it depends on how low you will go.

Here in Norway there are several guys that runs 225 but i think thats too narrow.