Dressed to Thrill !! Re-trim Complete.

Spin140

Reaction score
I now have some photos of the interior after its complete re-trim in leather.

For those of you who have not been following the other threads I bought my 2005 S-line last Saturday to replace my much loved A3 as I needed more space/practicality since the birth of our child, I couldn't find an S-Line with full lthr for my intended budget but was never happy with the standard cloth interior so opted to upgrade. After a bit of research I was recommended to give Steve at classic car services a call, any fears I had were soon put to rest as he and his staff are very enthusiastic about what they do and very professional in their approach, with many years of experience from a family owned buisiness you get that personal touch missing from many of todays larger companies.

I dropped the car off last saturday and was taken through to the 'Cutting room' and shown various samples and selected a high quality small grain leather in Black with a contrasting graphite stitching. Steve explained how the process works which basically entails complete removal of the original covers, if not a car they have done before the stitching is unpicked by hand and the originals used as 'Templates'. All airbags will still function and the original covers are utilsed to retain the OEM look that we all desire.

All areas are covered in 100% leather including door cards and arm rests, you can even opt to have a new roof lining in Alacantra if you so desire.
The car is required for 5 days but mine was completed in 4 with pictures of the job in progress being issued regularly to keep me updated.

The pictures really don't do the quality of the work justice as you have to see and feel it in the flesh to appreciate how good it is, the contrasting stitching is perfectly aligned and looks fantastic, in some of the shots it looks white but is actually graphite and compliments the standard S-Line interior trim, the only outstanding item is the armrest but this will be dropped off when it arrives (thanks to MB) re-trimmed to match and Steve has offered to fit it as part of the service when convenient to me, the customer service really is second to none.

Anyone not entirely happy with the ambience provided by theirs cars interior really should consider a retrim, I collected this car from the Audi Dealers last week and have to admit to feeling regretful as it felt like a big compromise Versus my highly specced A3, one week later I'm very happy with car it now feels like a 'Prestige Sports estate' and of course smells like one too :)

I am really very fussy when it comes to my cars and actual car care but wouldn't hesitate to recommend Classic car services to anyone who is interested.
Heres a link and some pics...........
www.classiccarservices.co.uk/history.html

AudiA4Avant2006018.jpg

AudiA4Avant2006019.jpg

AudiA4Avant2006020.jpg

AudiA4Avant2006021-1.jpg

AudiA4Avant2006023.jpg

AudiA4Avant2006024.jpg

AudiA4Avant2006025.jpg

AudiA4Avant2006026.jpg

AudiA4Avant2006027.jpg

that is nice,

roughly how much did a full retrip cost ? if you dont mind me asking

rickparmar said:
that is nice,

roughly how much did a full retrip cost ? if you dont mind me asking

£1,100 plus vat, still cheaper than Audi to be honest it sounded expensive at first but at point of collection had no problem paying up, worth every penny :)

That looks an excellent job... classiccarservices website added to the "keep" list.

Looks a really good job, so much so I'd consider it for my Avant. Do they do Blue do you know?

That is absolutely stunning, really finishes the car off. Good choice there mate. Where's that linky gone...?

Les 51 said:
Looks a really good job, so much so I'd consider it for my Avant. Do they do Blue do you know?

I'm guessing they can do just about any colour, normally your shown a selection of sample hides and then you choose what you want.

J.

I have known Steve at Classic Car Services for over 16 years, he is a top bloke and has done 4 cars for me.

Including my present Vectra SRi which is done in red leather.

Instead of the usual leather facings and vinyl side and backs like Audi/Jag/VX and so on use, Classic Car Services is completly done in Bridge and Wear Leather.

Your A4 looks brilliant!!!

marriedblonde said:
I'm guessing they can do just about any colour, normally your shown a selection of sample hides and then you choose what you want.

J.

Any colour/any style.

Macduff said:
Wish I'd done that instead of paying £1250 for Audi leather / leatherette.
just saw your post i thought some on my interior wasnt leather, door cards and rear seat back i have a B5 A4 i was quite shocked when i found this out