Drive the Deal

terrymcg

Reaction score
Hi,
Whats everyones experiences on going into a dealer and quoting the prices you can get a car from when going through Drive the Deal website?
Do they tend to laugh when you also have a PX?
Terry

9 times out of ten DTD will pass you on to a dealer anyway so yes, use their prices... if your dealer wont play just walk out and find another.

When I purchased mine, I got in touch with 5 dealers explaining the deal I was offered by DTD and asked them what they could offer to secure my business for a quick purchase.

3 out of 5 said they'd match the DTD quote without any further discussion.

I had no px and didn't want finance, not sure how having a px affects this. Don't see why they can't still give you book price for your px.

Drive the Deal, like some other web based brokers (Broadspeed spring to mind) are just dealing with UK dealers anyway. The broker negotiates the rock bottom price which saves punters having to haggle. The dealers are still making a profit anyway or they wouldn't bother.

If you buy through Broadspeed you actually buy from a dealer anyway.

How does DTD work, do they get the prices in let you have a think then charge you a fee to release the info if you want it, oer charge a fee then send the delas they have?

I'm guessing they get an introduction fee for every sale so in theory you could screw the dealer even further possibly another couple of 100 squid which is probably what DTD get out of each car.