Noisy Heater/Climate Fan ?

Spin140

Reaction score
Picked the A4 Avant S-line up on sat am, pleasantly surprised with the overall drive in comparison to the A3 - less of a 'sporty' feeling and felt heavier but not a bad compromise to gain the extra space.

However I noticed the heater fan is particularly noisy from the passenger side, at first I thought it was excessive wind noise but after switching off the auto dual and turning down the fan the noise disappeared, strange and annoying, when I say noisy it is almost like when you have the windscreen demist button depressed.

The car was dropped off immediatley on Sat at the re-trimmers for its leather upgrade and won't be back until next week so will take it back to the dealers then to investigate, in the meantime anyone know of any common faults ?

For info in the last 2 audi's I have always just left climate on all year set at 19.5 degrees.

????

Apparently the cause of the excessive fan noise is due to the pollen filter for which a modification is available under warranty that will cure the problem.

Although my climate is now broken as 'Econ' can not be switched off, audi replacing under warranty, a good job it's winter then :)