Phone Cradle for K800i

Hoof Hearted

Reaction score
I'm about to take delivery of a new A4 Avant. I've got the GSM Bluetooth phone preparation included on the dash.

The salesman confessed to me today that Audi have not yet released a cradle for the Sony Ericsson K800i. Is there a 3rd party cradle available that I can obtain from anywhere?

Ian

I must admit I haven't seen any. I've got a Sony W850i but cannot a cradle anywhere. In the end I made use of an older Nokia 3210i and got a cradle off ebay.
Seems like Audi or should I say Culmann have not caught up with modern phones.
So who is this secret Sony cradle making company?

I have just sent an email to the new owners of Cullmann in Germany about new phone cradles. I will keep you posted with their response.

2003 a4 Sport TDI:

>> Hi ian. Yes there is

So can you tell me the name of a company manufacturing these?

Ian

Hi Hoof. Good news, this is the reply I had back from the manufactures of the Audi phone cradles...

Thank you for your enquiry.

For the Audi factory preparation Gen. 2 (without cable) there are cradles for
Sony Ericsson K750i/W800i/W810i and for Sony Ericsson K800/K790i in
preparation in our house at the moment.
After their release they will be available at your local Audi dealer, because
Audi is the only one who is allowed to sell those Original products.

Of course there are cradles for some more mobile phones in preparation.

Good news ah?

Hi Craig where did you get the part number from? My local dealer tell me it's not released just yet but will be soon???

I spoke to my local dealer this morning, who checked the part reference (8P0 051 435 EN) on the Audi central parts system. The latest is that they have manufactured this part, however there are technical issues, so it will not be released until these have all been ironed out. Parts guy told me to check back in 2-3 weeks.

Hi, Do you know if the cradle is available now. I've just bought the A6 and was told the cradles are not available for this phone.
Thanks.

I spoke to my Audi Dealer about Part No: 8P0 051 435 EN. They looked it up on their system and it came up only as a cradle for the K750i. I checked the phone specifications, and the K800i is 1.5mm thicker than the K750i. So now i'm unsure if my K800i will fit this cradle.

Anyone care to comment?

I've spoken to two Audi dealers now. Neither of them could confirm that this cradle will fit the K800i.

It seems suprising. The earlier postings on this thread seemed so positive.

Edit: Ah, Looking back I see now that the K800i was not mentioned as being relevent to this cradle. I hope one get's released before I decide to change the car!

If the phone kit is bluetooth then the onlything the cradle is doing is charging the phone. Although it may also provide an external antenna connection as well.

I have the same phone connected to my RNS-E with the Audi BT and dont get any issues.

I have a sony charger running from the rear fag lighter and my phone sits in the pocket under the armrest.

Dont need to see the phone on display, that what the rns-e is for

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

Yes I realise that the cradle will do nothing apart from charging the phone. And in all honesty I don't even need it to do that. My desktop cradle charges the phone.

I don't have the arm rest. So the blue tooth kit is on the dash and looks naked without a cradle. I'm just looking to cover up the blue tooth kit and to have somewhere credible to put the phone when i'm just wearing a T shirt.

Ian

I meant the standard pocket next to the handbrake.

The "bit" on the dash is the phone mount only. The BT kit is under the seat or behind the glovebox.

If you want to get rid of the cradle have a word with S8craig. Hes only down the road from you and should be able to remove it for you for a small fee. Whilst you are there you could have him fit you a rns-e as well. Think of all the petrol you would save having to go back and have it fitted later!!!!

Simon

I'm in danger of getting off-topic here...

I'd never heard of the RNS-E. I just had a quick look and it seems it would have to sit where my radio is now. Is that correct? Would this replace my radio?

Ian

sorry mate

the rns-e is the Audi Satnav. It needs to be a double din unit to fit.

So if you have a Symphony radio, ie the one where it loads 6 cd's into the one slot on the front, it will be an easy swap.

This then is the basis to control any other Audi toys you may have

have a look at this, it an A2 but it is the same bit of kit

http://clipboard.servepics.com:8081/Pictures/Installs/Hoff/hoff4.jpg

Simon

You had me all excited then... I thought I had a 6 CD changer without knowing it! No, my Radio says Audi Concert and takes just one CD. But I guess it is still swapable? I guess I lose my CD Player though.

Ian

Yes it can be swapped but you will need a double din conversion as well. You would loose the single cd slot but you will gain 2 SD card slots which each can take 4gb cards and hold MP3 music.

This would give you more capacity than a cd multichanger would.

If you're interested give Craig a call and have a chat

he did all the work on my car and many other people on here

his details are here

http://www.tclsatnav.com/index.html

Simon