shaking when idle

beerglass

Reaction score
My new A4 2.0 TDI seems to shake alittle when idle.
Its from side to side and does it when sat in traffic. Its alittle better when warm but its doing it all the time.

Is this a fault or common problem with a TDI.

I have had many TDIs from VAG and not seen this problem before.

Mine does this too - although it's not hugely noticeable - I think it's the idle speed - plan to get it reset at next service

Beleive me!! This is your engine mounting,they work via a sensor!

Fixed this on a friend car,same problems you guys are having.

what do you mean via a sensor?
The car is only 6 months old

go to audi,they will tell you its the engine mounting sensor,look at your engine mounting and there will be a sensor attached,as far as i know you have to replace the complete mounting! (engine mounting solonoid valve)

I get intermittent idle shaking. Doesn't show up when I get to the dealers, and no fault memory... Wierd.

I have an 05 2.0TDI A4 S-Line that has an intermittent engine shake at idle. It does it when I pull up, say at a junction or traffic lights, but not all the time. Worse when cold and usually does it the first time I go back to idle after starting out. Audi dealer said no fault found, so I took the engineer for a drive. It took nearly 20mins before it did it. He agreed there was an issue so I booked it back in a few days later. Lo-and-behold another engineer inspected it this time and said 'no fault found'!:applaus:

The normal tickover is 900rpm, when it happens the revs drop to 800rpm. They tell me there is an ECU re-map out this week so I am going back to get this done next week to see if it improves things.

Mine has this shake at idle but I doubt the ECU upgrade will fix it as I run 2 maps, one standard and one bluefin, car shakes on idle with both maps ! I will mention this mounting sensor when at Audi on Fri pm, going in again for investigation concerning noisy fan at speed when using Climate :)

I have this very problem on my 56 plate A3, don't really know what to do as it does it only occasionally.

went to dealers on friday apparently a new software update available FOC which should cure the shaking at idle plus make gear change smoother according to tech, I never opted for it as content as is but thought worth mentioning.

On another point they cured my noisy Climate Control via a pollen filter modification so happy all round :)

I Have this problem also on my new A4 2.0 TDI S-Line SE - quite rough on a morning and is a bit jolty (is this a word?) when pulling away in first. It's getting better (now done 2700), but still not brilliant.

Worth taking it back to the dealer?

Have many S-Line SE's been sold? - Still not sure on the black surround and roof rails...

Spin140 said:
went to dealers on friday apparently a new software update available FOC which should cure the shaking at idle plus make gear change smoother according to tech, I never opted for it as content as is but thought worth mentioning.

On another point they cured my noisy Climate Control via a pollen filter modification so happy all round :)

FOC update
This update fixes the shaking on idle?