A4 2.7TDI

mfspen

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience of the 2.7TDI A4 ?

As a 6-pot common rail engine, I would expect it to be very smooth and refined, and would consider this next time as an alternative to my 2.0T A3.

No experience of it but I'd have thought the 2.0 170 would be a better bet unless you must have a V6.

Although the 2.0 is 10bhp down, it will be lighter and probably handle better. Plus the 2.0 is available as a Quattro which I would say is a must have on a powerful diesel

Just had my 170 TDI turn up last Thursday - It's 1000000000% than the 2.7 I test drove, you cant feel the differance in power, bags of Grunt and due to less weight up front handles much better

2.0 170TDI Sline Avant
Red
Leather
bose
Parking sens.
Priv Glass
Arm Rest

'Theclegg' is your 2.0 TDI S-line a Quattro?
Have been toying with the idea of ordering one of these!
How long did you have to wait for delivery?

Do you know what the 170 can be chipped up to?

Thanx
Keef

mfspen said:
Anyone have any experience of the 2.7TDI A4 ?

As a 6-pot common rail engine, I would expect it to be very smooth and refined, and would consider this next time as an alternative to my 2.0T A3.

Had one in last week for a remap, very nice car indeed! Smooth as you like! :icon_thumright:

Super chip are quoting 210bhp for £500.

Mine is Quattro - just under 4 months delv time. Traded it against a 3.2 S-line A3 as moved 40 miles away from work and the 18mpg on the A3 was killing me!!!

2000 miles and 4 weeks in and I'm over the moon with it - I would not advise non Quattro as I test drove one of these and it was a bit light on it's feet through 1st and 2nd.

I would love to have my 140 bhp 2.0D remapped but I'm not sure which is best. I've come to the decision it will cost £500 (ish) but which is the best remap?