a4 3.0 tdi s-line avant tyre pressures

aldo286

Reaction score
help! my a4 3.0tdi came with 17" alloys on it but i have changed them too rs6 18" but dont know what the correct pressures are , as the pressures on the door pillar are for 16"or17" not a mention of 18" thanks in advance aldo286

aldo286 said:
help! my a4 3.0tdi came with 17" alloys on it but i have changed them too rs6 18" but dont know what the correct pressures are , as the pressures on the door pillar are for 16"or17" not a mention of 18" thanks in advance aldo286

hi, i have the 2.5tdi engine (albeit in a B6 chassis) and i have upgraded to 18" rs6 with 225/40/18 tyres.

the fronts i pump up to between 40 - 43psi and the rears between 36 - 40psi

thanks 1210tech i am running them at 36psi at the moment will try what u have suggested , how many miles have you done ,do they seem to be wearing ok, aldo286

yeah, haven't noticed any un-even wear at the moment but have only done approx 5k on them so far

when i had my 17's on with 214/45/17 tyres i noticed that if i put anything less than 40psi in the front they would wear unevenly on the shoulders

Whoa 43psi is too high on 18" tyres.

You should be running on 36-38psi

rodenal said:
Whoa 43psi is too high on 18" tyres.

You should be running on 36-38psi

:no: Where on earth did you get that useless and factually incorrect drivel from? :no: :rtfm: :gun2:

For the OP, and others in a similar situation who size up their wheels and tyres beyond the spec on the door pillar sticker - compare the the load index (something like 95) of the previous tyre you had, along with the load index of your new tyre. If they are identical, then identical pressures should be a starting point. Bear in mind that lower profile tyres generally require a small increase in pressures, maybe 2-4psi, when compared to the next higher profile. You are perfectly free to experiment with tyre pressures, to "tune" them to your personal driving style, but never go more than about 3psi below recommended figures.