Warranty approved remap

samm

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have done a load of searches but can't find any info on any Audi approved remaps. I have just bought a 3.0 TDi quattro soft top and want to remap it.

I had a Saab 9-3 Aero previously which was remapped by Abbots who were approved by Saab and therefore did not invalidate the warranty.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Sam

the only way you're going to get a definite answer is to speak to your Audi dealer, and get their answer in writing. You dont want to be in the same position as Zero and his S4.

What happened to Zero and his S4?

No remaps are "Audi approved", the dealer may choose to work with a tuner for the purpose of customers but they are definitely not Audi approved in the UK. Listers work with Revo quite a lot but that doesn't mean Audi UK approve Revo...

samm said:
I had a Saab 9-3 Aero previously which was remapped by Abbots who were approved by Saab and therefore did not invalidate the warranty.

Also I was under the impression that SAAB UK only officially sanctioned tuning by Hirsch not Abbott.??

As said above, you'd need to have it in writing so they couldn't go back on it or the other way is to just not tell them. I'm not saying that this is the best thing to do or worthwhile but we have a fair few customers to say the least that have brought there cars to us still under warranty and they just havn't said anything to the dealer about it.

DPM said:
As said above, you'd need to have it in writing so they couldn't go back on it or the other way is to just not tell them. I'm not saying that this is the best thing to do or worthwhile but we have a fair few customers to say the least that have brought there cars to us still under warranty and they just havn't said anything to the dealer about it.

I would guess alot of people do this and if a swichable map turn back to 'standard' for dealership visits, some of the more reputable Tuners will offer a substantial warranty to run alongside that offered by the manufacturer, superchips for example cover anything not covered by the manufacturers warranty as a result of the remap for a period of 12 months or 30,000 miles - this extendable annually and underwritten by Firebond PlC, I think AMD do something similar but you should check first.