AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

new concert vs symphony head units

I'm confused ! just about to order an A4 Avant S-Line Special, and want to have a double din head unit so i can install DVD navi, (and importantly, remove DVD navi after lease runs out) so i need a double din unit, and have to avoid any cutting/chopping of plastic components.

Looking at the A4 configurator there are two head units listed:

Concert II radio (standard)

and a Symphony radio II plus

If you squint at the pictures you can see the labels on them are different.

Have Audi changed the standard fit radio from the single DIN concert to the one shown above (like they have done with the A3 models) ?

I don't trust the configurator one bit, as the price for the Symphony is 265 with a diesel engine, and 465 if you opt for a petrol engine ?!?!?!?

If i can avoid paying for the symphony upgrade and get double din from factory that would be perfect

2. # ADS
    ADS

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    The new concert is also a double din, so no need to upgrade to the symph if your ripping it out anyway, the rns-e will slide straight in.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.