Hi guys, firstly hello as i'm a new member!
I'm after some advice and/or opinions from some current Audi owners. I'm currently in the market for a new car (trading in an 02 Civic Type-R), and after having driven pretty much everything else on the market and i've pretty much decided on an Audi A4.
I'm looking for something used and I've got about 22K to play with. It needs to be something thats practical (i.e 4 doors with our second child on the way!) but most importantly something that has some driver appeal and looks nice!
I've narrowed my search down to either a 2.0 t FSI quattro (s-line, special edition or even DTM if I can find one!) or a 3.2 FSI s-line both with the manual gearbox. I would of loved an S4 but really can't justify the fuel costs!
Problem is I can't make a decision! The 2.0 is slightly cheaper (to buy and run) and there's more of them about, but the 3.2 is quicker(slightly) and the engine's a beauty (the soundtrack alone sold me on it!), but obviosly has the downside of reduced fuel economy!
So, given all that, my questions are...
1. I'd appreciate any comments/experience/thoughts about the above cars from any current or past owners.
2. Why are there so little 3.2's about?
3. What sort of MPG are you getting from the 3.2? The book says 26 combined - is this realistic?
4. How do the previous (B6?) models compare to the above, in particular the non-FSI engines? Should I look at some slightly older models, if so which ones?
5. I drove an A3 sportback with the 3.2FSI which was really nice and surprised me with how spacious it was. Am I wrong to discount it for the A4?
6. Is there anywhere else I can look for, used Audi's, i've tried all the usual suspects Autotrader, Pistonheads, Fontain...
Any help or advice with any of the above points would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.