Sat Nav for S4

Which Sat Nav ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scottlever

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum since taking delivery of my S4 earlier this year. I didn't go for the factory fit Sat Nav option and am now ready to get something fitted.

I've heard that craigyb can fit these as an extra ?

Should I go for the Audi standard one or something after market like Alpine / Pioneer etc ?

thanks,

Scott

I would say Defiantly aftermarket Navi, no questions asked. This is my my past experience with Audi Navis, although the new ones do look better and seem to have more features, but you can't beat an aftermarket navi with LOADS of functions esp Post code search, unlike me old Audi which sucked. Plus with some aftermarket ones you can see the road in 3D :photo:

The DVD Navi does show 3d views.

Yes I agree the CD navi was pants, but the new ones have Mp3 capability on SD cards, widescreen 6.5" view. Split screen and integrate with the DIS, no 3rd party nav system will do the same. You can also add full bluetooth integration and video inputs.

audi standard for me !

scottlever said:
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum since taking delivery of my S4 earlier this year. I didn't go for the factory fit Sat Nav option and am now ready to get something fitted.

I've heard that craigyb can fit these as an extra ?

Should I go for the Audi standard one or something after market like Alpine / Pioneer etc ?

thanks,

Scott

Go treat yourself to a RNS-E, my only problem I have with it is that I wish you could add POI and speed camera. Having the directions/information in the instrument cluster (DIS) is very handy. I also like having the compass on so that the road name is displayed in the DIS.

Fit a In dash aftermarket system and you will lose the DIS and the standard look.

Having owned a Tomtom I would say yes they are good and cheaper. However I don't like the hassle of removing the mount and cleaning the window every time I park up.