Paint question

ivor1

Reaction score
I would appreciate some feed back of anyone's experience of quartz grey metallic on an A4. I have just bought one. In sunny weather it looks fantastic but in dull overcast weather it looks just like the sky, patchy and dull full of shadows as if it was badly painted . The car has not been painted, is factory fresh but i think the finish could be better. Has anyone a similar problem? the paint looks more french quality than german. The local dealer here sees nothing wrong with it surprise surprise! but i cant take it too the dealership it came from cos thats in scotland. welcome some opinions please ?

update!
I had the car examined by a paint expert and a body shop and they diagnosed zebra zoning in the paint, which apparently is a common enough problem . and to cut a long story short i now have a new 170 sline avant in my drive, the broker and dealership involved were very understanding and a satisfactory result achieved for everyone . Plus good customer service.

Glad to hear your paint problem was satisfactorily resolved....clearly there must have been a fault in the paintwork for Audi to replace your car....presumably with a different colour!

The broker understood fully my concern and organised a replacement car . We didn't feel there was any point getting another quartz grey in case of a similar problem, a 170 sline model was available in lava grey so we settled for that with a slight financial adjustment for the difference in the two cars . The darker grey imo looks much more agressive although it is more difficult to keep , but at least now it is sorted.