Worst pedal positions ever!!

A4special

Reaction score
Hi
This is my first post
On 1st September i picked up my new A4 quattro 2.0T FSI Special Edition.
What a fantastic car!

I have so far only covered 500 miles, but i am having big problems with the pedal positions.

The clutch bite point is so low down, and the brake pedal is set so high, that my leg is getting cramps and pains because of the position i have to drive in!

I contacted the dealer, and they told me no adjustments can be made to either the clutch or the brake pedal height.

I'm absolutly gutted, that such a fantastic car could have such a poor design fault.
Has any one else experienced this? or could my car have a fault?

Or does any one know how to adjust the height of the brake pedal?

Thanks

Andy

nope... maybe you have one leg longer than the other!.

I had a 911 3 cars previous to this, now that IS weird, all the pedals hinge into the floor and are offset to the left by quite a long way...

A4special said:
Hi
This is my first post
On 1st September i picked up my new A4 quattro 2.0T FSI Special Edition.
What a fantastic car!

I have so far only covered 500 miles, but i am having big problems with the pedal positions.

The clutch bite point is so low down, and the brake pedal is set so high, that my leg is getting cramps and pains because of the position i have to drive in!

I contacted the dealer, and they told me no adjustments can be made to either the clutch or the brake pedal height.

I'm absolutly gutted, that such a fantastic car could have such a poor design fault.
Has any one else experienced this? or could my car have a fault?

Or does any one know how to adjust the height of the brake pedal?

I've driven about 5-6 B6 and B7 A4s and have never had a problem. How does this compare with the car you test drove?

Perhaps a chat with Audi UK might get you further as I doubt the dealer gets this sort of query very often (if ever)

macduff

Thankyou for your reply.

I unfortunatley or stupidly! test drove an automatic car as the day i bought my car the dealer had just sold the manual demo car!
However you say you have driven many different A4's and never come accross this.

This makes me wander if my pedals are set up wrong.
I am taking the car to the dealer to have it checked out and also try out another car to see if its any different.
I will then speak to Audi uk, if there is not a solution from the dealer.

This may sound obvious, but I think I have only done this a couple of times in cars... Take about 5 to 10 minutes just sitting in the car and adjusting all the controls, seat controls etc to find the best position. Most people just adjust the reach and thats it. The A4 seats are very good (sports) having height at front and rear adjustments, lumbar as well as reach, then the steering wheel.

The brake pedal is a little higher than the the clutch but given you use different legs for it I have never had this issue before. The brake is about 1 to 2 inches higher than the clutch I think.