Whats the spec of an A4 saloon S-Line?

bunny

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I know this is a basic one, but I've looked on the Audi website and can't figure out what you get when you upgrade to S-Line spec.
Cheers

J

Dynamic S line exterior styling
Sports suspension
Front Sports seats
3-spoke Sports multi-function steering wheel

Cheers Andy.

Currently comparing 320D SE with "equivalent" A4. The S-Line A4's I have seen look fantastic and definitely win the bling war (especially in red), and even with Xenons and the new 170TDi engine it still comes in at less than the BMW.

Only trouble is I have an A3 at the moment which is noisy and handles like a bag of sh!te and by all accounts the new 3 series is brilliant to drive. Obviously I'll have to take them both out to decide, but at the moment its a tough choice.

The A4 and A3 are like chalk and cheese. The A4 is much quieter. I found the s-line suspension too hard for my liking, the roads I use are not the best. The sport suspension suits me fine. Take the A4 for a drive, use the same roads you use everyday, and try both s-line and sports suspension before you decide.

errr, s-line and sports suspension are the same arn't they? ....... S-line is just the new name for sport in the A4 range.

All you can get in the A4 range is;

A4 Std (same suspension as SE)
A4 SE (same suspension as Std)
A4 Sline (firmer sports suspension)

auroan said:
errr, s-line and sports suspension are the same arn't they? ....... S-line is just the new name for sport in the A4 range.

All you can get in the A4 range is;

A4 Std (same suspension as SE)
A4 SE (same suspension as Std)
A4 Sline (firmer sports suspension)

No, Sport and S-Line are different. S-Line suspension is lower and stiffer than sport.

erm.... My interpretation is you have three MODELS..
S
SE and
Sport....

S-line is just an replacement for sport.... is it true ou can get S-line as an option with any of the above ie bumpers ... ?

IMHO S-line is not only too hard, but quite bouncy (even underdamped) at motorway speeds. It's not a pleasant car for long distances. I preferred the A3 Sportback with standard suspension - but, yes, it's noisier than the A4.
In retrospect I'd go for a A4 SE, and I wouldn't have the diesel again.

Well thanks for the advice guys.
Took an A4 S-Line for a drive (2 days as it was a courtesy car) and loved it; it was refined, had loads of grip, and personally I didn't find the ride too hard at all.
Then I took a 320D SE for a drive... unbelievable. It was so much quieter, steered so sweetly and handled amazingly. You really can appreciate the balance and RWD, even through town. The dash / interior looks awful from outside, but once inside the car it makes perfect sense.

Audi
Looks great
Drives well
Lovely interior

BMW
Looks odd (but I'm getting used to it)
Odd interior (but better than it seems once you're driving)
Drives so much better than the Audi its untrue.

I know a lot of people won't notice the difference, and maybe its because I race motorbikes that I'm more sensitive to some elements of handling (?!) but I've ordered the BMW and can't wait.
Sure, I'll have to put up with the image problem, but when you do 60,000 miles a year, driving pleasure is more important than image etc.

If you have a new model A4 congratulations - its a nice car. But if you are considering a change, you should try the BMW. Some of you may wonder what I'm on about, but some of you will love it!

Cheers

J

Bunny,
I've had the same dilema, 320d se or A4 TDI 170 S-line. Just ordered the S-line special edition. (Gets the fancy alloys and leather sports seats) and added cruise and parking sensors. Having been in BMWs for 9 years I wanted a change, and I think that the BMW 3 series image has got slowly worse. It is too common now and smacks of flash/smug. The audi has a much more neutral image. I deliberatly didn't test drive the new three because I feared I would fall in love with it. Mad, I know but the Audi just look so good in S-line trim!

Phil's Barber said:
Bunny,
I've had the same dilema, 320d se or A4 TDI 170 S-line. Just ordered the S-line special edition. (Gets the fancy alloys and leather sports seats) and added cruise and parking sensors. Having been in BMWs for 9 years I wanted a change, and I think that the BMW 3 series image has got slowly worse. It is too common now and smacks of flash/smug. The audi has a much more neutral image. I deliberatly didn't test drive the new three because I feared I would fall in love with it. Mad, I know but the Audi just look so good in S-line trim!
Well its a great looking car - I'm (fairly) sure you won't be disappointed!

Hi
I have just brought a new S-line A4 and px the A3 s-line Sportback because of the lack of boot space.
Quick question
The steering felt really really heavy compared to my A3, why is this ?
Its not a brand new car and has done 10K and 5 months old