New Delivery!

AYFOR

Reaction score
Taking delivery of a new 2.0T S-line Quattro Special Edition next month, with one or two extra 'toys' (this is my first post - hello!).

Buying from Edinburgh Audi - sales service seemed okay - anyone else got experience of them - sales/service(or Wearside Audi - I travel there regularly)?

Anybody had the dealer i-Pod connection fitted in the glovebox (£164 seems a bit on the steep side to me - welcome to Audi I guess!).

Traded up recently from a Golf GT TDI PD 150 (which I loved, so expecting good things from Audi).

the parts cost £99 for the audi ipod adaptor. Thats official Audi Price. So they are charging you £65 pound to fit it! Extortionate!

You will love the car...i traded up from a Golf GT TDI 115. Did you go for the quattro version?

The power available is brilliant for the 2.0T, however more frequent trips to the petrol station.

Im averaging about 29/30mpg for the tank using super unleaded. Thats trying very hard to be as economic as i can.

In my diesel i used to get 50mpg easy and that was driving fast everywhere.

I am getting about 35mpg out of mine. Agree the ipod adapter should be thrown into the deal at least.
Most people who bought these cars (inc myself) got between 5 and 10% dicount on the price overall.
Get them to supply and fit it for free its the least they can do.,.

I got a touch under 10% discount, which I thought wasn't bad.

Bit difficult to get them to fit i-Pod adapter free now, as I've paid my deposit, and my bargaining power is somewhat weak now.

Maybe should have bargained harder at the time.......

Cool...you'll love the car although going from a diesel to petrol you'll find that the power delivery is more linear (ie the car will feel slower although you will be going faster) and you're gonna visit the pumps more often...also with petrol it will make a greater difference to consumption if you drive fast...which is not so with the diesel...

I got 12% off a diesel and that was a year ago...i'm sure they can do better....

[ QUOTE ]
I got a touch under 10% discount, which I thought wasn't bad.

Bit difficult to get them to fit i-Pod adapter free now, as I've paid my deposit, and my bargaining power is somewhat weak now.

Maybe should have bargained harder at the time.......

[/ QUOTE ]

iPod adapter is a piece of cake to fit, even for a moron like me.

The adapter comes with two different leads, depending on what type of connectors the HU has. One has a "Quadlock" plug with the wires already in place. The other lead has about eight or nine loose wires with pins on them, for pushing into a connector on the HU. You need to remove the HU to find out which one yours has. You can get the removal keys on Ebay for about a fiver.

With mine, it was the one with the loose wires & pins. I plugged each of the wires into the right slots on the HU connector, & fed the other end of the lead back through the HU slot. Then, instead of ar$ing around with removing the glovebox, I dropped the lower dash panel on the driver's side (three hexagon-headed screws, one of which is concealed behind the fuse box cover) & fed the lead through under the steering column and connected it to the iPod adapter control box.

Next up, I drilled a hole in the back of the little cubby hole that is part of the lower dash panel. (it's the one on the right hand side below the headlight switch) fed the iPod lead through from front to back, & pushed the grommet into place, making sure that the cable could slide freely through the grommet.

I plugged the iPod lead itself into the other side of the control box . Before putting everything back, I plugged the iPod in, switched the HU & selected "CD". Everything worked fine, so I pushed the HU back in, refixed the lower dash panel & hey presto, it was done!

So, the iPod end of the cable sits neatly inside the cubby hole, invisible from outside. When I want to use, I just plug the iPod, & it then sits in the same cubby hole, still out of sight. The iPod display comes up with the Four-Rings symbol, but the iPod click-wheel is disabled. It's controlled solely off the HU.

It's dead easy to use, and sounds great. The only slight disappointment is that the volume level is much lower compared with listening to the radio, so I have to keep resetting the volume depending what I'm listening to.

It'll take you about an hour.

[ QUOTE ]
Cool...you'll love the car although going from a diesel to petrol you'll find that the power delivery is more linear (ie the car will feel slower although you will be going faster) and you're gonna visit the pumps more often...also with petrol it will make a greater difference to consumption if you drive fast...which is not so with the diesel...

I got 12% off a diesel and that was a year ago...i'm sure they can do better....

[/ QUOTE ]

Know what you mean about the petrol engine.
Didn't 'seem' as quick as my diesel golf, but I'm sure it was/is - just smoother power deliver, and without the mid-range kick in the back (not that that is a bad thing!).
I test drove on greasy roads and the road-holding was superb.