retro fit

amb276s3

bird spotter
Reaction score
anybody retro fitted the interior light pack on a S-line, just the door marker lights and the puddle lights if yes how difficult is it and is the loom in place already. thanks Andy

Just did a search and found this thread. I'll never forgive my dealer for telling me the €300 interior light pack was just vanity lights.

Resigned my self to never fitting the door handle, puddle, footwell and centre console lights but the overhead LED retro fit sounds straight forward and cheep to boot! Great link 911! I have a sunroof, I assume this shouldn't have any bearing on the simplicity of this mod? I had always assumed that I would need a whole new unit in the roof, so this is great.

Before I get on the blower to my local parts department can I ask whether its really worth it. Would I be correct in assuming that the roof LED's are the most showy element of the light pack for want of a better phrase, ie when people with the light pack fitted say, "it really lifts the interior of the car at night" etc, would it be the roof LED's that they are primarily talking about? This is on an A3 8P btw. (the site has a link and part number for the A3 too)

I think so.. Puddle lights are ok but I rarely get out of the car in the pitch blac anyway... lit visor lights...can do with out them also... handle lights... well, they are not too bright either and you really have to look for them....

The overhead led lights cost 8 quid from the dealer and all you need to do is drill a couple of 8mm holes in the overhead cover... no need for any new parts... well worth the bother.. I am just trying to get around to adding them to my rear lighting panel in the s4 which is another mod...

The roof leds are probably the best part of the light pack really and to be honest the active door lights should be standard in a car of this cost anyway!