AXX engine to replace CDN???

Ronin225

SEAT owner
Reaction score
Hi, posting on behalf of a friend who has an a4 with a seized engine
Hes looking for a replacement and has come across a reasonably priced golf engine
Engine is currently a CDN but replacement would be AXX, are these interchangeable?
Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers

Hi, posting on behalf of a friend who has an a4 with a seized engine
Hes looking for a replacement and has come across a reasonably priced golf engine
Engine is currently a CDN but replacement would be AXX, are these interchangeable?
Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers

As far as I'm aware they are different.
The CDN is a more revised version.
I could be wrong but from what I know about the TFSI engine is the AXX is what you would find in an early golf gti mk5.

Thanks, my knowledge is more 1.8t based so total noob on the tfsi stuff
The AXX engine is coming from a golf but was thinking the bare engine may have been the same
Was thinking down the route of using all the ancillaries/auxillaries off the CDN and transferring to AXX block
An audi techie will be doing the swap but is unsure if they will fit until he can see them side by side

Thanks, my knowledge is more 1.8t based so total noob on the tfsi stuff
The AXX engine is coming from a golf but was thinking the bare engine may have been the same
Was thinking down the route of using all the ancillaries/auxillaries off the CDN and transferring to AXX block
An audi techie will be doing the swap but is unsure if they will fit until he can see them side by side

As far as I'm aware the blocks are the same, someone may correct me