Rear bumper lower trim

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I quite fancy swapping my standard unpainted SE lower bumper trim for an S-Line trim. It would need two cutouts for the exhaust tips. How easy are they to remove and refit?

Really easy, I'm doing the opposite of you and going to a non colour coded S4 black trim. Mine has 4 torx screws on the under side, once removed start at one end and literally pull it off. The first tabs were the hardest to free but once they go the rest just follow really easily and it just peels off. No need to jack up the car, an easy on the drive job.

8E0807521H I'm sure is the part number for the double cutout version.

Alan

Reactions: glasgowA4, Jespy and jdp1962
Should be easy if its an s-line one as you shouldn't need to cut anything, I fitted a Votex diffuser and it took 5 hours to fit it properly! Was a proper pain!

Just ordered it from local TPS. Less than £40, should have it Wednesday or Thursday. Then I need to get it colour-coded. I'll speak to my local paint man tomorrow. He's very helpful, especially when folding money is offered.

Reactions: ajax1976 and scotty76
Really easy, I'm doing the opposite of you and going to a non colour coded S4 black trim.

What colour was the S4 trim? Been thinking about swapping my standard double cut-out and getting some different exhaust tips...

Did you order it new? Price and part No...?

S4 trim came in a darkish silver, tried it on the car but the silver didn't really tie into anything else on the car so I've plastidipped it black to see how it would look. It's going in for a custom exhaust in a couple of weeks so once that's done I'll decide if it'll stay black or get it painted red. Part No is 8E0807521M 1RR, I got mine from the classifieds but I they're the around the same prices as the other diffusers.

Reactions: ruairi83, jdp1962 and Molnboman
The twin cutouts on your diffuser are differently profiled from mine. I'm presuming it's to accommodate two pairs of tail-pipes rather than two larger bore singles (which mine has).

I had hoped my new S-Line diffuser would have arrived by now, but still awaiting an email from TPS. Maybe tomorrow.

Picked up the diffuser this morning, and it's now at Chappell Coachworks near Brands Hatch for colour-coding. Also with them is my rather battle-scarred Leon Cupra R splitter. This is the splitter from which I cut too much off the vertical struts when fitting, then had to stick them back on so they'd reach up to the underside of the bumper. The guy at Chappell nearly laughed his head off when he saw it. "Bit of a Frankenstein's monster, isn't it?" were his exact words. Anyway, he's going to tidy up my mess, smooth out the textured finish, prime and colour code it along with the rear diffuser. £100 all-in and they should be ready to pick up on Saturday. Pics to follow.

Oh, and if you're in Kent or SE London and need some body work doing, call Chappell Coachworks at West Kingsdown and ask for Luke.

Reactions: Molnboman
I previously had the splitter attached to the front bumper with self-tapping Philips-headed screws. I've just tried offering up one of the torx-headed retaining screws from the rear diffuser, and it's a good fit for the holes in the front bumper. So I've just rung Bexley Audi and ordered up 20 more of these (part no. is N90775001) and will use them when I refit the splitter.

I painted my Cupra-R splitter when I first got it... the paint is still on in some places but I'd describe it similarly to Jeff's 'battle scared'. Also the uneven finish of the ABS doesn't act as a great surface for spray painting to, even with a few coats of primer & colour.

If I ever get around to getting a DTM bumper and getting the front end resprayed I'll make sure it's done properly!

As and when mine goes back on, I really must make a better effort to pull up to a halt earlier when parking nose forward in bays with a kerb at the end.

UPDATE: Well, I've got the splitter and diffuser back and they're on the car, and I'm a bit miffed. For the first time ever, my paint man has made an error. I don't think it's so much a bad match as I think he's used the wrong code, as these look like a different Audi Grey shade.

Anyway, I put them and took some pics, but they'll be going back to be re-done probably on Tuesday. Here they are:

P1000523_zpsad60cb09.jpg

P1000524_zps2e22ed2d.jpg

P1000525_zps3d75380c.jpg

Last edited:
well thats a shame Jeff. definitly the wrong colour shade. how about recitifying with gloss black? not sure on the Cupra splitter being colour coded (personal choice of course) and rear diffusser in black would tie in with rear lights surround??? just a thought.

will paint guy refund / remedy?

All re-done, FOC, and back on the car. Much happier.

P1000527_zps7d020d4a.jpg

P1000528_zps6ba568fc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ruairi83
much better, changed my mind on front splitter, looks good (now its the right colour). makes a big difference to the rear too I did the same with my avant, SE to Sline.

Looks great fella :thumbsup:

Reactions: jdp1962
much better, changed my mind on front splitter, looks good (now its the right colour). makes a big difference to the rear too I did the same with my avant, SE to Sline.

Looks great fella :thumbsup:

Thanks, buddy.