First service for my 2007 2.0 tdi

cpbrad

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I want to service my audi a4 2.0 tdi (2007) this Saturday morning. I have been reading up on this but I can't seem to understand the difference between longlife and fixed interval, the difference in oil etc and how you know which was done last. No service light has popped up yet but I still want to service it.

What is the best engine oil for these engines and gearbox oil? (manual 6 speed)

Also what oil filters do you people use amd where is the best place to purchase all of this stuff?

Any help amd advice is greatly appreciated :)

Hej,

Longlife service is a VAG term for f#cking yer engine up!....do some searches on here and you will read many a thread about the disadvantages of long life services to your car. Longlife service as the name suggests, is suppose to be a longer time interval between services....which is fine in theory but leaving old dirty engine oil in your engine for months and months is never a good idea in my book. I would take your car off Longlife and go for regular oil and filter changes every 6,000 miles. Some of the Members will say longer, but that's what I have always done with cars I have owned with turbo engines, petrol or diesel.
I use any full synthetic 5 40 ( Sweden spec ) for mine, but not sure what the UK diesel spec is. Am sure someone will come along shortly with the UK spec for the oil burners.
I would always use genuine VAG Oil fliters and fresh sump plug. Not the most expensive part to buy from a VAG dealer. Not worth the risk of buying a dodgy knock off fliter. I have recently changed to a dimplex magnetic sump plug just to be on the safe side. Check this out....quite scary! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjRmrYqKmPM

Good Luck,
BR
A

Nice one mate. I'll be investing in one of those sumps also :)