Tyre advice on brands please

dentsy

Love this B7 cab
Reaction score
Website
www.ftd-technics.co.uk
Hi, I am about yo change all 4 tyres on my B7 avant 2.0 tdi , I was thinking of putting 245 instead of 235 and am looking to spend under £500 anyone give me advice on brands you have used in the budget ranges please. Most of my commuting is do e on the motorway daily,
thanks

si

I'm looking for vredestein ultrac sessanta for my new rims. Either that or uni royal rainsports I think. Tyre reviews is a good site to look at.

Reactions: dentsy
I purchased a set of Toyo proxes T1R 225/40/18 slight stretch on my alloys and got them online for £380 delivered then got them fitted by a mate who works in kwik fit for a few beers. I've had them on since January and they've done me well so far.

I purchased a set of Toyo proxes T1R 225/40/18 slight stretch on my alloys and got them online for £380 delivered then got them fitted by a mate who works in kwik fit for a few beers. I've had them on since January and they've done me well so far.
Damn that's cheap !!
Not looking for a stretch but as stated would a 245 look better on my car rather than 235 ?
Want her looking fatter on the road without spacers

In 19 they are 115ea on camskill. So I'd say within your budget for 18.

Camskill are cheap with their prices, I ended up getting mine at EARS motorsport. Good service text me the tracking number and what day they was going to arrive aswell.

I've went for nexen N8000 245 REAR & 235 FRONT
Good right up and if you find a nexen dealer you get tyre cover for life tyres are bang on for £400 odd all round Google them nexen good reviews also try oponeo.co.uk great site for tyres 😀

+ 1 for the Toyo proxes lasted over 25k miles on the A3 perfect grip on both dry & wet.
now running Verdestein ultrac vorti's and they quite good so far.

Hi, I am about yo change all 4 tyres on my B7 avant 2.0 tdi , I was thinking of putting 245 instead of 235 and am looking to spend under £500 anyone give me advice on brands you have used in the budget ranges please. Most of my commuting is do e on the motorway daily,
thanks

si

Is it 18s or 19s you are after and is your vehicle quattro or not?

It's a personal thing, I realise, but I'd be inclined to buy the best quality set of standard size tyres for my budget than risk compromising on quality to get the bigger size.

If I was in your position and was not into going for a stretch and keeping it with the standard tyre size. My vote would be go with the Vredestein Ultra Sessanta which are £89.19 or the uprated Vredestein Vorti £104.39. Both including delivery. Thou would have to find a fitter even if it were £20 ea. You looking at £436.76 or £497.56. Which seems to fit your budget.

Or the alternative option is you can go for a slightly smaller tyre the 225 40 18. Which will fit perfectly on your standard 18inch alloy. And will have less drag. If you stuck with the above brands mentioned you can get the Ultra Sessanta for £387.6 or Vorti £416.20.

So would save you some money with out the compromise of ride quality. And still will have good grip in the dry and wet.

Nexen8000 are great and not an issue with noise I actually found them quieter than the tyres they replaced been running them a month or more and they have preformed great in dry and torrential rain 😀

I've 245 on my rears could probably go up a size or 2 if you want more rim protection Uploadfromtaptalk1405327893751

There fine I just don't let the other half drive it😁

Thanks really changed the look of the car 🚗

Fat will post a photo after work

Uploadfromtaptalk1405446590263Uploadfromtaptalk1405446599340Uploadfromtaptalk1405446606551 sorry the photos are a day late car in the garage again getting coilovers sorted

I don't do "fancy" tyres - but can report good results from Vredestein as per others. The car is a standard 2.0 SE Avant - the tyres are Sportrac S - my local indy charges c. £80 each, fitted. Road holding is fine dry and wet and while I can't recall what milage I'm getting from them it isn't flagging up as an issue. I'm not convinced they are the quietest of tyres - certainly the road noise seems more than that which I recall from the days when someone else provided - and paid for - the car and it's rubber! I seem to recall running Michelin in them far-off days.

Soz Marty I can't remember off the top of my head I was planning on whipping the wheels off this weekend to paint my calipers weather conditions depending so will have a scout then and post back 😀

Oh Soz you mean the width 8.5 front 9.5 rear