Oil pressure problem after problem

Roughnready

Reaction score
Hi all..... First post on here and hope it reaches right ppl. I have an a4 2.0 tdi 2006 model. The one with hex fitted shaft on oil pump. 9 months ago the oil pressure warning in red flashed and got towed to my local mechanic ( very good for mot ect) he got pump sent to another fella to get "done up" at cost of £300 plus his labour for stripping and fitting. All was great till yesterday the red oil pressure light struck again. Is it actually happening all over again. Does anyone have knowledge of this to another person. I flushed engine oil and changed oil and filters all round as prob needed a service. Is there anything else I can check.... Ps I'm no mechanic but don't mind getting hands dirty and helping myself best I can.
Thanks for reading folks

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. I have moved this post into this section so you get more advice/help. Hope you get it sorted. :) x

Hi there!

From what i understand of the whole oil pump situation is, the best case scenario it could be a sensor! But it could be many things.
I've heard doing an engine flush can sometimes break up small peices of sludge which get stuck in the oil pipe veins, hence low oil pressure! did your mechanic replace the hex drive with the updated shaft? As its not actually the pump that fails, its the balance shaft on the hex drive. Did the hex drive get changed at all?

Hi all..... First post on here and hope it reaches right ppl. I have an a4 2.0 tdi 2006 model. The one with hex fitted shaft on oil pump. 9 months ago the oil pressure warning in red flashed and got towed to my local mechanic ( very good for mot ect) he got pump sent to another fella to get "done up" at cost of £300 plus his labour for stripping and fitting. All was great till yesterday the red oil pressure light struck again. Is it actually happening all over again. Does anyone have knowledge of this to another person. I flushed engine oil and changed oil and filters all round as prob needed a service. Is there anything else I can check.... Ps I'm no mechanic but don't mind getting hands dirty and helping myself best I can.
Thanks for reading folks
I would suggest not running it at all till the sump has been off and the oil pump hex shaft inspected.
You will need to dig deeper and find out who repaired the oil pump what they did and was it a remanufactured pump or just some guy attempting to repair it with no guarantees.
They are not a good design and hard to modify to a better design without some extensive knowledge.