2005 A4 B7 [143 ps] Oil type?

Kev Boy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I had a full and major service carried out on my car including all filters, oil change etc. That was 5 months ago. My car is almost on the minimum now and just wondered is this something i should be worrying about or is it normal for this engine?

Its a 2005 S-Line 140bhp, which has been remapped to around 180-185. i dont know if this is directly related to the map but it seems to drink diesel. I dont drive it like a maniac, yet it really does get through a tank of diesel.

What type of oil should i top the car up with? Fully synthetic 5w/30?

Cheers for any help.

Reactions: bawbaws
Where was it remapped? When was it remapped? Has your driving style changed since the increase in power? Is the delivery of power throughout the rev-range constant or does it peak and fall off before 4500rpm?

Oil leaks are not unheard of for any engine, as long as the oil isn't being burnt by the engine and you keep an eye on it, it should be ok for now. The difference between 'full' and 'min' is only about 500ml, so be careful when topping up to do it slowly and not overfill. If you EVER get the RED oil pressure warning light on the dash, stop immediately and call your breakdown company, don't risk ruining the entire engine.