Reversing lights delay

Anito

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that when you engage reverse there is a .5 -1 second delay before the reversing lights coming on?

Is there a particular reason for this?

This might be set in a control unit. I think that it is actually for automatic cars. An auto goes from "park" through "reverse" to get to "drive", and the delay is to stop the reverse lights from coming on as it passes through "reverse". I have an auto B6, and it does not have the delay. I always see the reverse lights come on when I go to "drive" at night. It can't be doing the bulbs any good.

I noticed this with mine also, mine is a 2.0 TDi Manual.

I could understand the 'auto' argument but mine is manual. Perhaps its uses the same control unit

[ QUOTE ]
How worried are you by this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the least. I'm just cureous & It's obviouosly by design as other B7's I've driven do it

B7 A4....same thing. Also have you noticed that the headlights have a mini delay when you turn on as well. Plus the indicators sometimes don't seem to be "connected" to the stalk. I guess everything is controlled electronically by a central "relay" rather than control by the individual stalks...