rear anti roll bar mounting points inner sleeves are cracked? Serious problem?

Reaction score
I have just found that using this website Motoring : Directgov - MOT history request
I can find the MOT history of the car I have recently purchased....

On is earlier mots, for three years running it was tested at an Audi dealer and one of the repeat advisories is.

'Nearside and offside rear anti roll bar mounting points inner sleeves are cracked'

then they changed to a different garage and it is no longer mentioned at all.

i can't find any history of the sleeves being fixed. Should I be worried? What should I look for and what do they do?

thanks!

Hey,

Its not a major. Thou Audi always mentions this as its a very common advisory from Audi. Most earlier B7 Audis that go into Audi are advised this as the bushes that go around the anti roll bar are made from plastic and they crack as mentioned. And also have a habit of corroding on either side of the mounting points.

The sleeves them self can be changed to the revised part if you want. But I dont know what vehicle you have so I cant assist further.

Is it something to be worried about no not really. If you want to see just get under the vehicle and look at the rear anti roll bar and look were the brackets that mount to the under frame of the body of the vehicle it has rubber bushes then inside them is plastic bits.

Usually if these are worn you can get the odd creaking as well as clicking noises from the rear.

Thanks for for your fast reply!

i have an a4 avant 1.9tdi

i haven't noticed any clicking/ creaking at all so maybe it has been done and I just don't have it in the history of the vehicle.

thanks again

Hey,

Its not a major. Thou Audi always mentions this as its a very common advisory from Audi. Most earlier B7 Audis that go into Audi are advised this as the bushes that go around the anti roll bar are made from plastic and they crack as mentioned. And also have a habit of corroding on either side of the mounting points.

The sleeves them self can be changed to the revised part if you want. But I dont know what vehicle you have so I cant assist further.

Is it something to be worried about no not really. If you want to see just get under the vehicle and look at the rear anti roll bar and look were the brackets that mount to the under frame of the body of the vehicle it has rubber bushes then inside them is plastic bits.

Usually if these are worn you can get the odd creaking as well as clicking noises from the rear.

It most likely hasnt been done I can almost assure you. It will take 10 mins to do the job to replace them.

Literally 4 bolts unless you want to uprade and put the RS4 sway bar.

The revised rubber bushing part number is - 4B0511327
The bracket for the bushing is - 8A0511439
Bolts - N10127707

Just because you not getting the noises doesnt mean the issue isnt there and for the sake of 10 mins and £8 maybe for the parts. Not exactly breaking the bank :)

Reactions: F1ux