2.0tdi will not start

trickybusa

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just drove home pulled on the drive went inside for about 20 minutes went back out to go pick my daughter up and the car just turns over but will not start. It does fire on the turn of the the key or a fraction of a second then nothing almost as thought it is immobilised anyone had this or any advice on what it might be would be great.

Cheers Rick.

Have you tried the spare key?
Maybe open the key up and see if the chip has come adrift.

Have you tried the spare key?
Maybe open the key up and see if the chip has come adrift.

Yes i did and it was the same. I went the car this morning and all was fine and has been since. I did some research and it looks like a fault fuel pump relay which I have bought another one and will fit it if or when it fails again.

Cheers Rick.

Could you please post part number and perhaps where it's hiding on the car/panel....for future reference of course :shrug:

Could you please post part number and perhaps where it's hiding on the car/panel....for future reference of course :shrug:

Once it turns up yes and when I get a moment free I will locate it and let you know.

Im having problems with my 2.0tdi Avant.
Weeks with no problems and then bam wont start turns over but struggles to start coughs and splutters.
Green flag comes out, squirts some stuff in the engine and up she fires, goes ok for about 4 months and starts again.
I'm new to this so any help would be appreciated

Last edited: