Convert 2.0tdi oil pump to old 1.9tdi oil pump system

Scooby18

Reaction score
I have a 05 Audi a4 2.0tdi and want to convert the oil pump , balance shaft back to the old system.. Just want to no what parts are needed? And how exactly is it done

i no you have to use the 1.9tdi oil pump,
sprocket gear on crank,
And 1.8t petrol oil sucker

also what about the tensioning on the chain.? Do I use the 1.9 or 2.0 tensioner ?
and do I use the 1.9 chain aswell

thanks in advance guys
Rory

Last edited:
I have a 05 Audi a4 2.0tdi and want to convert the oil pump , balance shaft back to the old system.. Just want to no what parts are needed?

i no u have to use 1.9tdi oil pump
sprocket gear on crank
1.8t petrol oil sucker

also what about tensioning chain.? I use the 1.9 or 2.0?
amd I use the 1.9 chain

thanks in advance guys
Rory

It wud elp if wi cud underand your ingliss ?

I have done a Passat bkp engine,but this is a parts list and numbers.
Bora Parts Inc.
Its not easy to do,getting you're old crank sprocket off is difficult, if its a gear driven unit you will need the correct puller from vw or risk grinding it.
Undoing the crank bolt can be very difficult as sometimes they are super tight.You need to counter hold the crank also.

Also you need to drill and tap the old oil feed for the balance shaft.

I have done a Passat bkp engine,but this is a parts list and numbers.
Bora Parts Inc.
Its not easy to do,getting you're old crank sprocket off is difficult, if its a gear driven unit you will need the correct puller from vw or risk grinding it.
Undoing the crank bolt can be very difficult as sometimes they are super tight.You need to counter hold the crank also.

The Audi technicians heat the crank sprocket and then use a puller to extract it. Others have used a grinding wheel to cut it off. One thing to be sure of is its quite a dangerous operation and you need to exert some caution when removing it.
Remember we only have our eyes once!

I genuinely could not understand the question the first time raised and I thought my response was quite humerous !
I apologise if "my humour" offended anyone.

My take on the grammar and spelling question is that no one is expected to be an English language graduate but threads are so much easier to read - and therefore likely to get helpful responses - if a basic level of spelling, grammar and punctuation is used. If an original poster can't be bothered to put in the effort, why should anyone else?

To the original poster on this thread, I hope you get a solution to your problem, and that you find the forum a good place to be. :beerchug:

Reactions: Paul B7
I genuinely could not understand the question the first time raised and I thought my response was quite humerous !
I apologise if "my humour" offended anyone.

Paul I wasn't being cheeky to you and I honestly understand your point. As do I understand jpd's. Some people are Dislexic and what seems like bad grammar might not be or Putting less effort in.

I've had a lot of help from Audi-sport
Members. I always try to Help others out on here as when I get the help it's great. I just see so
Many people on fourms slagging grammar but not helping the members with the problem.

Paul I wasn't being cheeky to you and I honestly understand your point. As do I understand jpd's. Some people are Dislexic and what seems like bad grammar might not be or Putting less effort in.

I've had a lot of help from Audi-sport
Members. I always try to Help others out on here as when I get the help it's great. I just see so
Many people on fourms slagging grammar but not helping the members with the problem.

No worries, keep smiling !

Reactions: ruairi83
Ok thanks guys for all the input.. I'm going attacking this tomorow eveEning

I'm going using all the parts of a Passat avb 1.9tdi engine and oil sucker (gaws) off a petrol Passat..

All this ok or sound good to u guys..?

Thanks
Rory

I attacked this yesterday and got everything fitted and is running lovely and smooth
I used all s/h parts except for oil sucker gaws

I used avb 1.9tdi
Pump
Chain
Tensioner
Sprockets
Baffle /windage plate
Oil sucker gaws

I used my 2.0tdi sump

The worst work was getting the sprocket gear off the crank shaft but eventually came

I just drilled the block and shoved up an old oil pressure switch with the top cut off it
And the hole long side it I made up a plate as a safety incase it ever lossened..
The switch was tight going up so it was a perfect fit..

I was meant to get a 1.8t petrol oil sucker gaws but they got me a 1.9tdi one so just cut the cup a little bit for clearence

Everything fitted like a dream and cost me only €20 for new gaws and o-ring
Everything else was free as I got a bad engine off a Freind

So happy days anyone want any info on doing this I'm happy to answer any questions

When I was thinking bout doing this I taught it would be a nightmare , but I just attacked it and got it done in 6hrs I'm a mechanic myself so was friendly with most obstacles needed to be cleared..

Thank for the info and input ye all gave me.. And sorry for the bad grammar u no us paddys :)

Reactions: stevegrass777 and ruairi83
Sounds like a good result. Massive respect to anyone who has the know-how and confidence to tackle a job like that on their own car.

Reactions: ruairi83
Its the most reliable way and the cheapest way in my opinion, I don't know why people stick with the balance shaft set up when given the information its not that bad to do.
And the old oil pump set up is well tested

Has anyone had this done at a garage? Just wondering what kind of cost it would be? Ive got a atd engine which is fried because the last owner smashed a hole in it and drove it dry, could I used the pump off ot if its still good?

Rob