A4 cabriolet rear high brake light intermittent problem

Yeti3.0tdi

Reaction score
Guys, the dash light comes on intermittently on my 2007 a4 cab saying the rear high brake bulb has blown- it hasn't. It's very annoying and I'm guessing its a faulty connection. Seems to happen more when it's raining or after it's rained. I took it in for a service today and mentioned it to audi. It's now back with the dash light on all the time and the rear light isnt working at all when it had always worked previously!

Any ideas or suggestions? They want £290 to replace the whole unit but I'm sure they've fu**ed it! At least the light was working before it went in I just had to live with an annoying beep every now and again...now Im forced to address the issue!!

My boot centre brake used to flash up an intermittent warning, I got one from TPS for about £30 ish and replace it myself, not too hard and never had an issue since. I'm led to believe that the circuit board goes brittle and fails to function.

Had that problem some time ago, by stripping it out and unplugging it it can be easily stripped right down to circuit board level and it will normally be where the initial contacts join the board, they will be 'charred' and you should see where the break is if you flex it a bit. Just re solder it and job done. It is a common fault and it really is as easy as that with no cost

As said its just the contacts that go into the board that need resoldering.

I did mine a few weeks ago.