Bose amp

cannywingate

Reaction score
Dose anyone know if thear is a difference between a Bose amp in a cab to a 4 door sallon Iv put a amp off a cab in my saloon but I'm not convinced it has the same quality of sound but it may be me az Iv had no tunes in the car for a few weeks thanks

Can someone please translate the posts above into English?

Yes they are different, as the speaker configuration on cabs are different that the saloon.

thanks for the replies i did'nt read mine before i posted it i used my mobile to post it and the buttons r small,and fat fingers dont mix :thumbsup:

Sorry to Hijack but on the cab does it have a subwoofer?
Know the saloon has a sub with the Bose system.

Speakers on a cabriolet, separate tweeters and subs in each door, mid range top of the dash (one each side), centre speaker top of dash (in the centre). In the rear either side are 3 way speakers I think though small. Only sub(s) are the ones in each door no separate one in the boot.

Reactions: Steveiejay
As Andy says, the cab does not have a dedicated sub like the saloon/avant.

it does have larger front door speakers to compensate for this, 6.5" I believe (not 100% on that though).

Front Low (Doors)
Front Mid (Dash)
Front High (Doors behind wing mirror)

Rear Coaxials are only 4"/10cm I believe...

I think in all non-bose systems the HU has a two-channel amp for the front speakers, saloon/avant have a 3-channel for the rears and the sub, cab has a 2-channel for the rears. Bose systems have a separate amp, unsure if it's two amps or a single multi-channel one?

Reactions: Steveiejay