Advice on Coilovers

Dommy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need some advice on what Coilovers i should get for my Audi A4 140. I've never really modded before and just need some help what to get. I am aware that i will need to disclose what I mod on my insurance, I just need a hand on choosing a recommendable set of Coilovers.

I'm wanting to lower the car aswell a bit.

Thanks,

Dom

Thanks for the reply DPM.

I'm only young and don't have a brilliant job so roughly around £600. This is something for the future so will be saving haha!

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply DPM.

I'm only young and don't have a brilliant job so roughly around £600. This is something for the future so will be saving haha!

Thanks,

Just fitted AP coilovers mate, well in your budget and I can't recommend them enough. Made by KW so great quality and the ride is fantastic, sporty yet comfortable.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
I have got jom coilovers on my b6 and to be fair there not that bad and there real cheap... I have had no issues with them and have had them on for about 6-7 months. Bit hard and bouncy but good handling.

Cheers for the advice dudes.

I'll have a look into them! I want to drop my A4 so much!!

Sorry to Hi-jack the thread but I was hoping this would come up anyway...

Are there any coilovers that would ride as well as standard suspension? (B7 Avant S-Line)

I'd like to lose arch gap, not comfort.

Thanks

When lowering it's very hard to retain full comfort, nye on impossible but stick with a good quality kit and you should be ok.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: bigmoylan
Sorry to Hi-jack the thread but I was hoping this would come up anyway...

Are there any coilovers that would ride as well as standard suspension? (B7 Avant S-Line)

I'd like to lose arch gap, not comfort.

Thanks

I was looking for exactly the same thing when I bought my coilovers. Someone will probably correct me, but I found the Eibach pro street to be as comfortable as the oem and as sporty and stiff when required. Also you can drop it on it's nuts if you want. I personally just closed up the arch gap for the look I wanted. @ £800 they ain't the cheapest, but I've never looked back and would buy another set in a heartbeat. :)

Reactions: V6 Quatt and bigmoylan
The ST X by KW is a very good choice and should offer you the comfort you want.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Awesome, Thanks Damian

I was looking for exactly the same thing when I bought my coilovers. Someone will probably correct me, but I found the Eibach pro street to be as comfortable as the oem and as sporty and stiff when required. Also you can drop it on it's nuts if you want. I personally just closed up the arch gap for the look I wanted. @ £800 they ain't the cheapest, but I've never looked back and would buy another set in a heartbeat. :)

This is exactly the information I wanted.

I'll look into them both.

Cheers both