2 problems regarding climate control and xenon headlamps

SinghB7

Reaction score
Hi all,

first problem i'm having is the ECON won't turn off, it's allways on so the air is not cool.

second problem, I'm going abroad to europe soon, and gave xenon headlamps, i heard you can not use the stick on beam deflectors but the headlamps have something inside to flick the beam cut off to the otherside. Is this true? Ie it flicks off to the left on uk roads but european roads it needs to cut off to the right.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly when you ECON wont turn off. The car is telling you it is out of air con gas. Refill it and your issue will go away.

As for the European trip it is advised against using the reflectors as its no necessary for your vehicle. As it is germany built they not going to make headlamps for left and right and drive so they incorporated a white turn like switch on top of the headlamps that you can use and it will flick the lights from LHD to RHD or visa versa.

Hope this helps

Reactions: SinghB7
If I remember correctly when you ECON wont turn off. The car is telling you it is out of air con gas. Refill it and your issue will go away.

As for the European trip it is advised against using the reflectors as its no necessary for your vehicle. As it is germany built they not going to make headlamps for left and right and drive so they incorporated a white turn like switch on top of the headlamps that you can use and it will flick the lights from LHD to RHD or visa versa.

Hope this helps

ECON light always on means a problem with the system, not always out of gas. Could be a leak or a failed component, VCDS to find out details.

Worth a re-gas as the 1st fix but if there is a leak then it will need doing very soon and its money wasted.

Reactions: SinghB7